I'm back with an unboxing this time of my May 2018 OwlCrate. The theme this month was: Fight Like a Girl. Which I am very excited for. So without further ado this is May's OwlCrate.
Okay so the first real thing I pulled out was the bath bomb right on top. It's really pretty in black, red and glittery gold. It has a sort of bakery scent, the ingredients list has sweet almond and witch hazel listed so I think the scent is mostly the almond. It's by Whipped Up Wonderful and it's called Zelie's Magic. This was the featured item in this box and I do like how it smells. Consulting the spoiler card, this is from the book Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi. I've heard a lot about this book but haven't picked up a copy of it. I'm planning a bookstore trip in the next couple weeks so I might have to pick this one up and give it a try.
Okay the next item is the one in the tube you can see in the open box picture. It is a hanging poster/small wall tapestry thing designed by Evie Bookish. It's based off of A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas and says: "Remember that you are a wolf and you cannot be caged". I think its something that Rhysand says to Feyre in the book but regardless I love this so much. It is immediately going on my wall with the rest of my art.
Next in the box was something that Owlcrate has teased on both it's instagram and facebook pages from Out of Print. It's a little enamel pin that looks like a book and says "When in doubt go to the library" which is a quote by Hermione from Harry Potter. I love this pin so much. I mean, I already love pins like this and then to have a bookish quote from Hermione, perfect!
After the pin I pulled out a very pretty floral bookmark with a tassel. The vertical side reads: "You are strong, fierce, capable beyond measure" which google tells me is from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh,which I have not even heard of but I like the quote and the bookmark is very pretty. The other side (the horizontal side) reads "If I am marching to my death, then I will march to it as a girl. Without fear". Once again google tells me that this quote is from Flame in the Mist which is also by Renee Ahdieh. I don't remember anything about this book but the title sounds familiar. Regardless I do love this bookmark and it'll go into my bookmark mug for future reading.
After the bookmark I found an art print, which are always things I love. This one especially so because I've been saying that I need things on my wall from my newly discovered favorite authors/series. I got the wall hanging for ACOTAR and now I have a beautiful art print of Inej from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I love it, love it, love it! It'll go on my wall as soon as I get a frame for it.
Finally, May has two books in it: a previous release soft cover and the normal exclusive hardcover signed new release. The soft cover book is called Catching Stars by Cayla Keenan. I've never heard of it but it seems like a YA fantasy novel. It's about a witch named Jayin and a guy named Maddix who is betrayed by the witch hunters he's enlisted to get revenge for the two years he spent in prison for a crime he didn't commit and the two end up thrown together in an uneasy alliance for survival. It sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to reading it.
Finally we have the new release exclusive hardcover for this month: Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young. This is a YA fantasy that revolves around a girl named Eelyn in a viking type setting. It sounds really good and I'm looking forward to reading it. As always it comes with an exclusive cover: in this case the image on the cover, especially the axe and lettering is in silver/blue instead of gold. I like both versions of the covers and it looks mysterious and interesting.
Then we have the naked hardcover which is just black with the words "breathe fire" on it in gold lettering. It's a very nice naked book.
And then as Owlcrate has been doing the last several months this is an exclusive signed copy of the book. I always like having signed books, it makes everything a little bit more exciting.
Also included with the book is a letter from the author, Adrienne Young, and a little pin (yay! more pins!). I love the pin and I'm very excited to dive into this book.
In the very bottom of the box is the preview card for June's box. The theme will be: Summer Lovin' and it will have a modern YA book instead of the fantasy books they've had recently. This box will feature an item from Riddle's Tea Shoppe and I do love tea so I'm pretty excited about that.
So that's' the May 2018 Owlcrate, Fight Like a Girl. I think my favorite item was definitely the wall hanging from A Court of Wings and Ruin but there isn't a single item in this box that I don't love. I'm pretty excited by the books and I'm looking forward to next month already!
Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment