So July was a good reading month for me and here's my TBR for August as well as new releases coming out in August. First up, my TBR!
- Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt. In progress, started July 31st.
- Tears of Pearl by Tasha Alexander (Lady Emily #4). In progress, started July 31st.
- Dangerous to Know by Tasha Alexander (Lady Emily #5).
- A Crimson Warning by Tasha Alexander (Lady Emily #6).
- Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner.
- 28 Summers by Elin Hilderbrand.
- Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand
- Florence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston
So those are the books I want to get to in the month of August. I'm going to finish up the summer with some summer reads, plus the new Once Upon a Con book by Ashley Poston comes out early in August so I want to reread the first one and read the second one before it does. I got Hex and the fifth and sixth Lady Emily books from my library holds so there's my tentative TBR. There's also the usual book club reads, which I may or may not read once again.
- Everything Inside by Edwidge Danticat is the pick for Reese's Book Club for August. I don't know much about it other than the fact that its a collection of stories around a central theme.
- The Comeback by Ella Berman; this is the fiction pick for the Read with Jenna book club through the Today Show. It's about a young actress under the influence of a manipulative film director who disappears and then reappears a year later tenuously sober. Then she's supposed to present the director who controlled her with a lifetime achievement award and she has to face her past. Honestly it sounds really good and I ordered it as an add on from Book of the Month.
- Here for It:P Or, How to Save Your Soul in America; Essays by R. Eric Thomas: this was the surprise 2nd book pick for the Read with Jenna book club for the month of August. Goodreads says this is a memoir in essay form about him growing up being different and learning to find himself and his happiness. It sounds interesting but I'm not sure I'm really feeling more than one essay collection this month. I'll probably get this book to read later though.
- The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donoghue is the Barnes & Noble book club pick for August. It's a fiction novel that takes place in 1918 in Ireland and follows a nurse working in an understaffed hospital caring for new and expectant mothers who have the flu and are quarantined. It sounds very good and is definitely relevant to the current situation with COVID-19 and my own interests working in a rehab facility as a CNA.
And finally, new releases for the month of August. I might get some of them or I might get all or none, but these are the ones I'm most interested in.
- Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston, Once Upon a Con #3 (8.4)
- The Black Kids by Christina Hammonds Reed (8.4)
- Bronte's Mistress by Finola Austin (8.4)
- The Death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi (8.4)
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria (8.4)
- Lobizona by Romina Garber (8.4)
- The Night Swim by Megan Goldin (8.4)
- Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting (8.11)
- The Second Mother by Jenny Milchman (8.18)
Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma























No comments:
Post a Comment