Hello Interwebs!
So it's September now and there's no theme or rhyme and reason for my TBR this month. Some are books that my holds came in on from the library plus a book to satisfy my monthly motif theme and a couple others that I'm just excited to read. So here's my set TBR.
- Here For It by R. Eric Thomas: this was one of August's Read with Jenna books and I'm currently about a quarter of the way through it and I'm enjoying it so I plan to finish it.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens: this is a very popular novel and one of the previous Reese's Book Club pick. This is one I had on hold at the library that came in so I've already started this one as well.
- The Rise of Kyoshi by F.C. Lee and Michael Dante DiMartino: this is the first book in The Kyoshi Novels about Avatar Kyoshi from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I have both this and the second book in the series so they're both possible for this month.
- His Hideous Heart by Dahlia Adler, editor. This is a short story/poetry collection of retellings of Edgar Allen Poe stories. This is another library book.
- Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand. This is the first book in Hilderbrand's Paradise series and I am down for more Hilderbrand books. I loved everything I read by her in August.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. This is the first book in The Illuminae Files trilogy. This is specifically for the monthly motif's reading challenge for September which is 'When Text Just Isn't Enough'. This book is told in an unconventional format through emails and missives and diagrams instead of regular text. I own the first book in paperback but the rest of the trilogy is available online from the library if I decide to finish this trilogy after I start it.
I also have two eBooks on hold with my library and they have a time frame of 2 weeks so these are also possible additions to my TBR for September.
- And They Called It Camelot by Stephanie Marie Thornton
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Finally there's my usual book clubs that I follow along with: the Barnes & Noble book club, the Read with Jenna book club, and the Reese's Book Club. As always I may or may not read any of these but they're always options.
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi: this is the Barnes & Noble book club pick as well as the Read with Jenna pick. This is about a Ghanaian family living in Alabama and sounds pretty good. I picked up the Barnes & Noble edition today when it was released.
- The Last Story of Mina Lee by Nancy Jooyoun Kim (2020). This is the Reese's Book Club pick for September. This is a book about a woman learning about her Korean-American mother after her mother's death. This also sounds pretty good. I made this book my Book of the Month pick for September.
There's also a number of books being released in September that I'm pretty interested in. I'll get at least one of them since I love the series and am ready for the last book in the trilogy. Another seems right up my alley with the horror theme.
- We Are Not Free by Traci Chee (September 1, 2020): this book follows a group of 14 second generation Japanese Americans during WWII and the forced relocation and internment camps.
- Queen of Volts by Amanda Foody (September 1, 2020): this is the third book in The Shadow Game trilogy about Enne and Levi in the city of sin full of gambling and corruption and magic.
- Majesty by Katharine McGee (September 1, 2020): this is the second book in the American Royals series about the US if George Washington had become King and the US had a monarchy instead of a presidency.
- A Rogue of One's Own by Evie Dunmore (September 1, 2020): this is the second book in the A League of Extraordinary Women series, a historical romance series.
- Recommended for You by Laura Silverman (September 1, 2020): this is YA contemporary romance about a teenage girl working at a bookstore that's having a contest among staff to see who can sell the most books and her rivalry with the new hire there.
- Horrid by Katrina Leno (September 15, 2020): this is a YA horror novel about a girl who moves into her mother's childhood home where weird things are happening and then she discovers the storage room is a child's bedroom frozen in time and not as empty as it appears.
- Well Played by Jen DeLuca (September 22, 2020): this is an adult contemporary romance that takes place in a renaissance fair between a beer server and a man she doesn't know except through email.
So that's what I have planned for the month of September. This could all completely change but for now this is the plan.
Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma

















No comments:
Post a Comment