Hello Interwebs!
Another month down in 2021 and February was a pretty good reading month for me. I read 6 books in the month of February, two rereads and four new ones. I feel like this was a good reading month, especially for being so short. I also ran the full gamut between one star and five stars. My overly ambitious TBR was scrapped in favor of other things.
First up the books I read. I read six books, five of which were 4-5 star books. My favorite book I read was probably Outlawed by Anna North. My least favorite was definitely The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher. Which considering my history with Tarryn Fisher should surprise no one, including me. I gave the books I read an average rating of 4.08 stars and read a total of 2,279 pages.
- The Mistress by Danielle Steel. This is my first Danielle Steel book and I really enjoyed this one. It was about a young woman who is the mistress of a very wealthy Russian man and her connection to an artist in France and how it all played out between these three players. I found this book light and interesting and highly entertaining. I gave it a solid 4/5 stars.
- The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher. This is an adult thriller by the same author as The Wives. I hated this slightly less than The Wives but it was still a storyline that didn't make sense and a overreliance on mental illness as a trope. Spoiler alert...mental illness as a motive is my LEAST favorite thriller trope. I gave this a 1 star and I stand by that and will not read another one of her books, regardless of whether or not its a book club pick.
- Outlawed by Anna North. This is a feminist western historical fiction following a girl who is accused of witchcraft after being unable to get pregnant after her marriage and ends up joining a band of outlaws. The outlaws are all female but dress as men or are nonbinary or trans. It was great. I enjoyed this a lot and gave it a strong 5/5 stars.
- The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict. This is a historical fiction/mystery novel surrounding novelist Agatha Christie and the ten days that she disappeared back in the 1920s and her tumulus relationship with her husband. This was also a really good, readable mystery story and I gave it a 4.5 stars.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. This is the first book in the ACOTAR series and a reread for me due to a new book in the series being released. This is a beauty and the beast fae romance and I loved it just as much as I did reading it the first time. 5 stars!
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. This is the second book in the ACOTAR series and the last book I finished in February. This was and still is my favorite of the ACOTAR books and I maintain my five star rating.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama. I started listening to this back in November and still haven't finished it, still enjoying it though.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab. I started listening to/reading this in mid-February but I wasn't in the mood for something this heavy quite now so I'm working on it slowly.
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen. This is my first Jane Austen book for my rereads this year and I'm about a third of the way through. It's only about a hundred pages so I'm sure I'll finish it soon.
- After Alice Fell by Kim Taylor Blakemore: Amazon eBook; historical fiction; Amazon First Reads (free for Prime members)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray: Amazon eBook; science fiction
- The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel: Amazon eBook; historical fiction
- Four Hundred Souls: A Community History of African America, 1619-2019: Amazon eBook; Audible audiobook; Nonfiction history; paid full price new release
- The Sanatorium by Sarah Pearse: Amazon eBook; thriller; Reese's Book Club pick for February
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah; Audible Audiobook; historical fiction
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah; Book of the Month hardcover; historical fiction
- The Black Kids by Christina Hammonds Reed; Amazon eBook; contemporary
- The Girl in the Mirror by Rose Carlyle: Amazon eBook; thriller
- Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer (The Southern Reach Trilogy book 1): Amazon eBook; science fiction
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles: Amazon ebook; historical fiction
- Be Not Far From Me by Mindy McGinnis: Amazon ebook; YA thriller
- The Earth Shall Weep: A History of Native America by James Wilson: Amazon ebook; nonfiction
- Shipped by Angie Hockman: Unplugged Book Box-Valentine's Indulgence Box; paperback romance
- The Meet Cute Project by Rhiannon Richardson: Unplugged Book Box-Valentine's Indulgence Box; hardcover YA romance
- The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott: Amazon ebook; historical fiction
- How George Washington Fleeced the Nation: And Other Little Secrets Airbrushed from History by Phil Mason; Amazon ebook; nonfiction
- Parable of the Talents by Octavia Butler (Earthseed #2): Amazon ebook; science fiction
- Women Talking by Miriam Toews: Amazon ebook; literary fiction
- Midnight's Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India's Partition by Nisid Hajari; Amazon ebook; nonfiction
- So This is Love by Elizabeth Lim (A Twisted Tale novel) Amazon ebook; Cinderella retelling
- A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor by Hank Green (The Carls #2); Amazon ebook; Science Fiction
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas (ACOTAR #4): Amazon ebook; Fantasy; new release preorder
- The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn (Bridgerton #2); Barnes and Noble paperback; romance
- An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn (Bridgerton #3); Barnes and Noble paperback; romance
- Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn (Bridgerton #4); Barnes and Noble paperback; romance
- To Sir Phillip With Love by Julia Quinn (Bridgerton #5); Barnes and Noble paperback; romance
- Black Butler, Volume 1 by Yana Toboso; Barnes and Noble paperback; Manga
- Black Butler, Volume 2 by Yana Toboso; Barnes and Noble paperback; Manga
- Among the Beasts & Briars by Ashley Poston; Amazon ebook; YA Fantasy
- The Other Americans by Laila Lalami; Amazon ebook; Literary Fiction
- My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite; Amazon ebook; Thriller
- Know My Name by Chanel Miller; Amazon ebook; memoir
- Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin (Serpent & Dove #2); Amazon ebook; YA fantasy
- American Duchess: A Novel of Consuelo Vanderbilt by Karen Harper; Amazon ebook; historical fiction
- The Kitchen Boy: A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander (A Romanov Novel #1); Amazon ebook; historical fiction
- Secrets in the Snow by Emma Heatherington; Unplugged Book Box-Cozy Winter Box; paperback contemporary
- The Mask of Mirrors by M.A. Carrick; Unplugged Book Box paperback; Fantasy
- The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton; Amazon ebook; thriller
- City of Ghosts by V.E. Schwab (Cassidy Blake #1); Amazon ebook; YA fantasy
- The Other Side of the Night: The Carpathia, the California and the Night the Titanic was Lost by Daniel Allen Butler: Amazon ebook; nonfiction
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne; Amazon ebook; romance






No comments:
Post a Comment