Hello Interwebs!
So it's another month and another ambitious TBR. As of today, I have five books on the go. Two I'm listening to off and on on audio, one I started in February and two more I'm reading just to read. So without further ado these are the books I'm currently reading.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama: I'm still listening to this on audio and have been since the end of November last year. Eventually I will finish this.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab: this is another one I'm listening to on audiobook but I have both hardcover and ebook versions of it as well. I got about a third of the way into the book and I wasn't feeling it right now even though I was enjoying the book.
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen: this is my first Jane Austen in my year of Jane Austen books. It's short so I'm hoping to finish it soon.
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (ACOTAR #3): I started this on the first of March right after finishing A Court of Mist and Fury in my ACOTAR reread.
- Moloka'i by Alan Brennert (Moloka'i #1): this is a historical fiction about a girl living in a leper quarantined settlement in Hawaii. This is a book I had on hold through Libby and it just came in so I started it on the first as well.
So on to the rest of the books I hope to read in March. Most are library holds that have come in this month (or rather in the last week).
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas. This is the fourth book/novella in the ACOTAR series and on deck for my reread of the series.
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas. This is the fifth book out in the ACOTAR series and the one that just came out in February. This book is the first in the series that does not center around Feyre and Rhysand but rather Feyre's sister Nesta and Illyrian warrior Cassian.
- The Minders by John Marrs. This is the March selection for The Book Troop, thriller/horror book club. It's a sci-fi mystery/thriller that is centered around people who have been altered so national secrets are taken off computers and implanted in their genetic code instead. To be honest I'm not sure I'm going to read this even though I already have it from the library. January's selection for this club was fine but February's was terrible and this book doesn't seem like my jam.
- The Power by Naomi Alderman. This is a science fiction novel about teenage girls who suddenly have immense supernatural powers and explores how the world would be different if power was in the hands of women.
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik (The Scholomance #1): this is a fantasy series about a deadly magic school. I've had this on my holds from the library for ages and both the ebook adn the hard copy of the book are available to me now.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig: this is a fantasy book that was very popular last year and my hold just came in.
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (King of Scars #1): this is the first book in a duology in the Grisha universe centering around King Nikolai. I need to finally read this book since the second book in the duology is coming out towards the end of the month.
The two celebrity book clubs I follow have already announced their books for the month. As always I don't know if I'll read either of them but I have both The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah which was the Read with Jenna pick last month and The Sanatorium by Sarah Pearse which was the Reese's Book Club pick last month that I might finally pick up.
- What's Mine and Yours by Naima Coster is the Read with Jenna pick for March. It's a historical fiction that follows school integration and two girls on either side of the segregation issue who become friends. This book sounds really good actually and I might pick it up.
- Infinite Country by Patricia Engel is the Reese's Book Club pick for March. This is a book about a pair of teenagers who live in Columbia and immigrate to the United States on a tourist visa and send money back to their families and have to weigh out their options now that they're out of Columbia.
So those are all the books on my TBR and my perhaps TBR. I also have a number of new releases that I have my eye on for March.
- Feelings: A Story in Seasons by Manjit Thapp: this is a memoir telling her story and the story of her mental health through the seasons and the challenges and opportunities they bring (published March 2)
- A History of Scars by Laura Lee: this is another memoir which tells the story of the author's trauma being a queer child of immigrants (March 2)
- The Babysitter: My Summer with a Serial Killer by Liza Rodman and Jennifer Jordan: this is a memoir/true crime novel about a young girl's friendship with her babysitter who she discovers was also a vicious serial killer decades later (March 2)
- Later by Stephen King: I don't know a whole lot about this book except it's a new novel by Stephen King and I love Stephen King so I will probably get it eventually (March 2)
- The Barbizon: The Hotel That Set Women Free by Paulina Bren: this is a nonfiction history about a residential hotel in Manhattan that catered to women in the 1920s and gave them the opportunity for independence (March 2)
- Every Last Fear by Alex Finlay: this is a thriller about a young man who finds out his family: father, mother, brother and sister have died in a gas leak in Mexico which the FBI and state department don't believe was an accident. Matt's older brother is in prison for killing his girlfriend but a true crime documentary insinuates he might be wrongfully convicted. Matt gets shoved in the middle of both mysteries (March 2).
- Last Call: A True Story of Love, Lust and Murder in Queer New York by Elon Green: this is a true crime story of the Last Call Killer who preyed on the queer community in New York City in the 1980s and 1990s (March 9)
- It's Kind of a Cheesy Love Story by Lauren Morrill: this is a YA romance/contemporary centered around a pizza parlor (March 9)
- Pride and Premeditation by Tirzah Price (Jane Austen Murder Mystery #1): this is a murder mystery retelling of Pride and Prejudice (March 9)
- Firekeeper's Daughter by Angeline Boulley: this is a mystery thriller about a tribal member who witnesses a murder and ends up going undercover to help solve it (March 16)
- The Lost Village by Camilla Sten. This is about a woman whose grandmother's family disappeared in a mining town along with everyone else and sets out to solve the mystery about it (March 23)
- Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo (The King of Scars #2): this is the second and final book in the King of Scars duology in the Grisha universe by Leigh Bardugo centering around Ravkan King Nikolai (March 30)
So that's it, my March reading plans and the new books I'm looking at. Here's to a good reading month in March.
Happy Reading!
Richelle












No comments:
Post a Comment