Hello Interwebs!
It is the 29th of November as I write this, almost the 30th and I'm banking on the fact that I'm 99.99% sure that I won't finish my current book in the next 24 hours or so, despite this being a Monday night and my usual stay up most of the night thing. For the most part my reading plans for December are mostly cozy, fuzzy holiday books...and one nonfiction...maybe. So without further ado here are the two books being read by my book clubs/buddy reads.
- Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach: this is the December pick for the Literati Atlas Obscura Finding Wonder book club. This is a nonfiction book about the science of human-wildlife conflict and how humans and animals interact from a legal standpoint. This book has been on my radar all year, in fact I purchased a copy of it for a Christmas gift for my little brother so I'll see what he thinks when he reads it.
- Twelve Slays of Christmas by Jacqueline Frost: this is Oliviareadsalatte's patreon buddy read for December. This is a cozy mystery and the first book in the Christmas Tree Farm Mystery series. You follow a woman named Holly who has returned home after her fiancé calls off the wedding and ends up in a mystery when a body is left in front of her family's Christmas tree farm.
- Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah: this isn't really a book club book but this is the final book for the final prompt on my 52 books in 52 weeks which is to read a book by Kristin Hannah. I have already started this book and gotten a good way into it so far. You follow a woman named Joy who boards a plane during the holidays and then a detour sends her to an inn run by a man and his son in the first year after the boys mother died. It sounds cute and is considerably shorter than her other books so I'm enjoying it so far.
There's also a ton of other holiday books I have put on my TBR to read this month and we'll go through them as I choose to pick them up.
- The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Jenny Bayliss: this is a M/F holiday romance
- The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer: this is a M/F holiday romance
- Always, In December by Emily Stone
- The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox: this is a M/F holiday romance
- In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren: this is a M/F holiday romance
- If the Fates Allow by Rainbow Rowell: this is a holiday short story in the Fangirl universe
- The Hygge Holiday by Rosie Blake: this is a M/F holiday romance
- The Holiday Ex-Files by Jennifer Peel: this is a M/F holiday romance
- Window Shopping by Tessa Bailey: this is a M/F holiday romance
- Collie Jolly by Leigh Landry: this is a F/F holiday romance
- A Family for Christmas by Jay Northcote: this is a M/M holiday romance
- Mangos and Mistletoe by Adriana Herrera: this is a F/F holiday romance
- Faux Ho Ho by Nathan Burgoine
- Christmas by the Book by Anne Marie Ryan: this is a holiday chick lit book
- The Geek Who Saved Christmas by Annabeth Albert: this is a M/M holiday romance
- A Holly Jolly Diwali by Sonya Lalli: this is a M/F holiday romance
- The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding by Agatha Christie: this is a Hercule Poirot holiday mystery
- Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie: this is a Hercule Poirot holiday mystery
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand: this is a young adult retelling of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol
- Santa Took Them by William Malmborg: this is a Christmas/winter themed horror/thriller book
- Krampus: The Yule Lord by Brom: this is a horror story about the mythological Krampus figure
So there's the variety of books I have as possibilities for December. Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah is the first book on my TBR for December but Twelve Slays of Christmas by Jacqueline Frost and If the Fates Allow by Rainbow Rowell are also very high on the list. I'm not sure if mysteries, thrillers, horror or nonfiction will happen but cozy books are high on my list for December.
Hope you're all well and have exactly the December reading you want on your own TBR.
Happy Reading!
Richelle
























No comments:
Post a Comment