Hello Interwebs!
Happy 2022! This month has some exciting things going for it and so I have a TBR I'm pretty excited about.
First off I am currently reading A History of Wild Places by Shea Ernshaw which was my December selection from Book of the Month. It's a magical realism that starts out with a man who is looking for a missing writer when he goes missing himself and then follows a family (two sisters and one sister's husband) who live in an isolated community with ties to the disappearance. I'm a little over halfway done with it and I really, really like it so far.
Second, the first week of January is Winterween put on by GabbyReads and OliviaReadsALatte. I've decided to kind of extend Winterween to the entire month of January to relieve the pressure of a weeklong readalong. There are five prompts for this:
1. Read a book in the dark (or at night)
2. Read a book with a winter setting
3. Read a book with snow on the cover
4. Read a novella
5. Read a book that gives you thrills and chills
These are very general prompts so I have a list of books I'd like to read and then a list of novellas I'd like to read.
- The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon
- Voices in the Snow by Darcy Coates (Black Winter #1)
- Misery by Stephen King
- The Shining by Stephen King
- Stolen Tongues by Felix Blackwell
- Winter Counts by David Heska Wanbli Weiden
- Comfort Me With Apples by Catherynne M Valente
- Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke by Eric LaRocca
- Mapping the Interior by Stephen Graham Jones
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon
- The Secret to Superhuman Strength by Alison Bechdel: this is a graphic novel memoir and the Literati book club pick I chose for January. It's the one hosted by Kelly McGonigal in The Joy Collective club.
- Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight: this is GabbyReads's The Book Troop selection for January and is a thriller.
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel: this is another graphic novel memoir and one I picked up from the library when I realized I hadn't read her most famous book when I picked the one for my book club.
No comments:
Post a Comment