Thursday, December 30, 2021

Bookmas Day 30: Wrap-Up and Goals

 Hello Interwebs!

Today I'm going to recap my goals for 2021 and how they went and take a look at my plans for 2022. 

First up my goodreads challenge was 52 books, roughly a book a week. I read 90 (I'm pretty sure I'm not going to finish my current book before January 1st). Going forward I think I am going to keep my goodreads reading challenge at 52 books and see where that takes me. 

Second, my specific goals for 2021. 

1. Read more library books. I did really good with this one this year. I read 47 library books which is more than half. Some of these I have since purchased for myself but only ones that I really love and want to reread at some point. 

2. Read more nonfiction. I don't remember how many nonfiction books I read in 2020 but I read 12 in 2021. I have gotten into more food oriented nonfiction and essay formats instead of just memoirs and I hope to keep that going in 2022. 

3. Listen to more audiobooks. I didn't do so hot with these as I only listened to four audiobooks but I have more on audible that I'm excited about so I'll keep going with this in 2022. 

4. Buy less books. Yeah, this one didn't happen at all so let's just roll with it. 


So going into 2022, I am keeping my goal of books I want to read at 52 books or a book a week but I have some other goals I want to do as well. 

1. Continue to read more nonfiction, the equivalent of one book a month so 12 for the entire year. Considering I read that in 2021 I'm sure this is more than attainable. 

2. Listen to more audiobooks, especially ones I already own. 

3. Read more of my backlist collection. I have two shelves of mostly unread Book of the Month books as well as shelves in the bedroom of unread books. I'd like to pull from my own collection more and not just whatever new book I find tempting. 

4. Blog more consistently. I want to do at least a weekly blog, if not more frequent. I want to make sure I get every book I read reviewed on this in a little more detail and be more organized about it. 


Finally I hope that 2022 is a better year than 2021, my family went through a lot of changes this year and I'm hoping to have a calm and peaceful 2022. 

Happy Reading!

Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment