Thursday, July 26, 2018

Nerdy Post Hamilton Unboxing!

Hello Everyone!
So this is a very special unboxing of a special edition of Nerdy Post that I ordered way back at the beginning of June that got shipped out in the middle of July. It's all HAMILTON stuff! If anyone out there is still unaware, I adore Hamilton. I have multiple books about Alexander Hamilton, his wife, and even the one about the musical so when I heard about this special edition box I knew I had to get one of the full ones that includes the t-shirts and everything. Nerdy Post is primarily a subscription box that sends out fandom merch, mostly art prints, bookmarks and mini posters to do with a theme although they've done a couple of these special theme boxes separate now and you can buy a lot of things separately on their website as well as build your own boxes which I've done before. So without further ado...HAMILTON!


So right under the layer of bubble wrap is my t-shirt. The design was revealed in the teaser for the box and I love it. The t-shirts they have are so soft and so cleverly designed and this one is no exception.
It has a representation of an American flag in the background and says "If you stand for nothing, what'll you fall for" which is from the second song in the musical, Aaron Burr, Sir.


Next in the box was a wrapped object that turned out to be a plastic cup shaped like a pint glass (so nice that it's plastic since I have a tendency to drop things). It's blue and the quote on it is "Raise a Glass to Freedom" from the song The Story of Tonight. Which I love on a glass.


Inside the cup were a couple other items, the first of which is a candle designed by Novelly Yours, called "Oceans Rise, Empires Fall" which is from the King's songs in the musical (You'll Be Back, What Comes Next, I Know Him). It smells like tea, gunpowder, and ocean mist. I like it, it's a very clean masculine kind of scent which is nice considering most of my candles from boxes smell very fruity or floral. It's a yellowy/gold color almost like parchment paper.

Also in the cup was an enamel pin that looks like a book and says "Who Tells Your Story" which is a quote in several songs in hte musical. I love pins of all kinds so I'm definitely not complaining about this one.

Then  there's a little packet of tea that has the Hamilton star logo and is called "Rise Up" which is also featured in several songs (namely My Shot and Right Hand Man). The label on the back says this tea contains: apple pieces, hibiscus petals, rosehip, dried orange, dried berries, cornflower petals, sunflower petals, calendula petals, black tea, Ceylon tea, and elderberries.  It has kind of a weird fermenty fruit kind of smell. I'll give a try but it smells kinda weird so I might just display the package somewhere. The tea blend is made by Flick the Wick who primarily do candles which I love.

There's this little sticker next which says "History has it's eyes on you" which is from the song of the same title. I love it, it's very simple and elegant. I have put it on my bookcase with the rest of my stickers.


Next was the bookmark. I love Nerdy Post's bookmarks! They have a kind of matte feel to them and they're just the perfect size for pretty much all of my books, plus they're gorgeous! This one has a Schuyler sisters thing going on. The horizontal side has the quote "You want a Revolution, I want a Revelation" which is a quote by Angelica in the song The Schuyler Sisters. The vertical side says "You built me palaces out of paragraphs" which is a quote by Eliza in the song Burn. Both are great quotes for a bookmark and this is joining the rest of my collection to go into the rotation.

The first art print is one of my favorite quotes from the musical so that's exciting. It's rainbow colors on a black background and says "Love doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints", it's from the song Wait For It, which is my favorite song in the musical so that's very cool.

The second art print (and the spoiler card) is actually from the same song as the other one. This one says "I am inimitable, I am an original" and this might be my favorite art print I've ever gotten in any box hands down. I am definitely framing this one to put it on the wall with my other prints. I love the font and the background and absolutely everything about it.

So tucked in the bottom of the box is a little quill pen (it's a ballpoint pen that looks like a feather pen) and I love it. There's such a great theme regarding Hamilton's writing prowess and how he writes like he's running out of time which I think is a great thing to include in a box like this.

The last item in the box is the 8x10 mini poster. It says "I'm passionately smashin' every expectation, every action's an act of creation" which is from My Shot and I love the inclusion of this in an art box which is nothing but creations paying tribute to other creations.

So all in all, I'm EXTREMELY happy with this box like I expected I would be. I immediately put on my t-shirt to  go up to the mall to get my phone fixed and got multiple compliments on it (one girl at Hot Topic was particularly excited about it). So I'm definitely going to use and display all my pretties.

Until next time, Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment