Friday, July 20, 2018

OwlCrate June 2018 Unboxing

Hey Everyone!
So I managed to blog two days in row if you can believe that! This is my usual unboxing post for OwlCrate which is my favorite time of the month. OwlCrate is a monthly YA subscription box that costs about $30 a month (plus shipping) and includes a newly released YA novel that has an exclusive cover and is signed along with a collection of bookish goodies that are all wrapped around a theme. June's theme was Summer Lovin' and I was pretty excited about it since it's the first contemporary YA novel that's been included since I started getting OwlCrate back in February. So without further ado, here's OwlCrate June 2018!
 And then when you open it up this is what you see with the spoiler card right there on top.
This box was absolutely jam packed and already I can see a box on the left hand side that looks like the boxes they put mugs in. I have tons of mugs so that's a little disappointing but all the mugs I have gotten in book boxes are lovely so mixed feelings there. We'll wait on that though, so first up is the spoiler card and the pin.

Every month there's a spoiler card that has an image based on the theme and there's always a little button pin that features a bit of the art from the spoiler card, in this case the Ferris wheel. Like always the art is beautiful and I adore pins so I'm always happy to get them.

After the card and the pin I pulled out the box and opened it to see I was right about it being a mug but it's not like any of the mugs I've ever gotten in a book box before.

It's one of those mugs that looks like a mason jar with a handle and a little lid. It's a little hard to read in pictures but it says Book Worm and Proud. I love it so much but I decided instead of using it to drink out of I would put my little book slips in it and use it as my book selection jar so it won't get broken. It sits on the shelf with my TBR piles and my bookish candles now.

Next was a big cloth package that I had no idea about but it was big like the tapestry from February.
It's a microfiber towel that says , "my summer is all booked" and has books and a glass and a beachy kind of scene on it. It's so soft and I used it to read on at the park just last weekend (July 14) and it was great. Very useful and very pretty.

After the towel I found a little packet that has tea in it from Riddle's Tea Shoppe, which was the teased product for this box.
 It's a collection of tea bags in a flavor called Apple Picking at Night and has apple and peach flavors in it. I made iced tea out of it and it was delicious, leaving me a little sad that it's an exclusive flavor and I can't get any more.

After the tea was an adorable little pen.

It's a little felt tip pin that has a little rubber cactus with a smiley face and says sunny day on the end. It's super cute and I put it with my Harry Potter pencils on display in my Lunar Chronicles mug on my nightstand to look adorable.

The last item before the book is a wooden bookmark.
It's got a pretty watercolor sunset/camping scene and says "Summer was a book of hope" on it. Google says it's from the book Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. It's a pretty bookmark but I'm not sure I'm going to ever use it since it's wood (however thin) and I worry about wrecking my bookmarks.

Finally we're down to just the book which this month is From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon.




It's a very pretty book and the original book is pink where this one is turquoise. I especially like the bright yellow naked hardcover to the book. This is about a teenage girl named Twinkle who is an aspiring filmmaker working with a boy named Sahil Roy to make a film for a film festival. As she's making this movie she starts getting anonymous love letters from a mystery boy who she hopes is Sahil's brother Neil who she has a crush on. But as time wears on she finds herself more and more drawn to Sahil. So it's a contemporary YA love story with film making as a backdrop and is told as letters in a journal Twinkle writes to female filmmakers who inspire her.

Along with the book came a letter from the author which is usual and the extra promo item which in this case was a little rubber key chain shaped like a popcorn bucket. Which is super cute.

So that's it for June's OwlCrate box. I forgot to photograph the preview card but the theme for July is Strange and Unusual and will have an officially licensed item from Stranger Things! Which I love! I'm very excited for July's box (which this is being posted so late so it should be here soon).

Happy Reading,
Richelle and Emma










No comments:

Post a Comment