Tuesday, June 16, 2020

50 Rapid Fire Book Questions Tag

Hello Interwebs!

Here's another book tag I saw in a couple places on YouTube that I thought would be fun so here we are. 50 questions about books that I have to answer as quick as possible...or as fast as I can type.

  1. Hardback or paperback. Paperback
  2. Dust jacket on or off? Off
  3. Second hand or new copies? Second hand when I can, new if its a new release because I have no patience and self-control.
  4. Audiobooks or nah? Yes? Sometimes.
  5. Do you cover buy? Sometimes
  6. What's a good book with a bad cover? Unpopular opinion: the Simon Snow series by Rainbow Rowell
  7. What's a bad book with a good cover? The Woman in the Window by A.J. Flynn; The Wives by Tarryn Fisher
  8. First book you ever read? Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss 
  9. Last book you finished? Beach Read by Emily Henry
  10. Last series you finished? The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black (maybe the Dread Nation series by Justina Ireland but I don't know if there's going to be another book).
  11. Last book you bought? The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things by Paula Byrne
  12. What's your favorite genre? Historical Fiction
  13. What's your favorite book in that genre? Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland
  14. What genre do you never reach for? Nonfiction (excluding biography)
  15. Do you read poetry? Sometimes
  16. Popular science? Only biographies
  17. Middle grade? Sometimes
  18. Do you have book box subscriptions? Book of the Month
  19. What's your favorite bookish item? My collection of bookish candles from previous subscription books or my tote bag from Book of the Month
  20. What's your current bookmark? A free bookmark from Book of the Month 
  21. What's the strangest object you've used as a bookmark? A candy bar wrapper or a pretzel stick
  22. Book jackets or nah? Yes? Unless I'm currently reading the book or the naked hardcover is super pretty
  23. Who's your fictional boyfriend? Rowan from Arc of a Scythe or Levi from Fangirl
  24. Favorite book couple? Levi and Cath from Fangirl; Cardan and Jude from Folk of the Air; Simon and Blue from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
  25. Favorite book villain? The Darkling from the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
  26. Favorite book adventure? The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
  27. Series, trilogies, or standalones? Trilogies or Standalones; I never finish series
  28. Mixed media books or paragraphs? Paragraphs
  29. What's your favorite book adaptation? Lord of the Rings or The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  30. Film adaptations or TV adaptations? TV adaptations
  31. What book needs an adaptation? All of them; but only if they're done well
  32. Favorite book world? The faerie world in Folk of the Air
  33. Favorite writing style? I really like Elizabeth Acevedo's prose
  34. What's a book that you love that people don't know about? Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann
  35. What's a popular book that you hated? Twilight
  36. Favorite childhood reads? Matilda by Roald Dahl
  37. What's a book that changed your life? The Diary of Anne Frank; Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
  38. What book did you hate at school? The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  39. Do you buy to collect? Only my favorite books (especially Persuasion by Jane Austen)
  40. Do you donate books? Ones I don't want
  41. What's your favorite reading snack? Apple slices and peanut butter or Jammy Dodgers
  42. What's your favorite reading position? Curled up on the couch or in bed
  43. Natural light or lamp light? Natural light but I live in Oregon and work night shift so usually lamp light
  44. Outside or inside? Outside
  45. Breaking the cover or keeping it smooth? Keeping it smooth
  46. Do you read in other languages? No
  47. What book series do you want to finish this year? Arc of a Scythe by Neal Shusterman
  48. What book release are you most excited about right now? The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks by Mackenzi Lee; Bookish and the Beast by Ashley Poston
  49. Do you have a favorite book influencer? Bookables and Chelsea Palmer on YouTube
  50. Do you have a channel, blog, or social media feed? This is my blog; I might start an Instagram eventually
So there's the Rapid Fire Book Questions Tag. Hope you enjoyed it!

Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment