So it's now June and time for June planning to happen. This month I'm going to do things just a little differently. Instead of a real TBR, as in these are books I definitely want to read, I'm going to go with more of a genre TBR so as my TBR this month I am going to provide a list of contemporary/romance books I own alongside the three books that I absolutely need to read. But first we're going to do our June goals.
My goal in June is...don't make goals! Seriously though I'm planning on reading as much as I can but I'm not going to set any set goal for myself. I'm going to try to buy less books and read more books I own. I'm going to try to catch up on my book reviews on my blog. But mostly I'm going to not stress about goals or anything.
I have three new releases I've been watching for June.
- The Court of Miracles by Kester Grant (6.2.2020): this book is billed as a Les Miserables retelling with a Six of Crows vibe. I love Les Mis and Six of Crows so I'm sold, no need for further discussion.
- My Calamity Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows (6.2.2020): this is the third book in the Lady Janie's series, each book about a different famous Jane, real or fictional. The first book was about Lady Jane Gray, the second was about Jane Eyre, and this one is about Calamity Jane. I received My Plain Jane from an OwlCrate and enjoyed it immensely so I definitely want to read this one too.
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert (6.23.2020): I have the first book in Hibbert's Brown Sister's series from a Book of the Month box but I haven't read it but it's definitely on my TBR for this month and you can't go wrong with a Rom-Com style read.
Now onto the TBR. I have three books that are on my "must read" TBR: one is the one I was reading at the end of May but hadn't finished, one is a book I had on hold from the library, and the third is the June Read with Jenna pick. I'm trying to stay current with my Read with Jenna books so that's definitely on my list.
- A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber.
- A Burning by Megha Majumdar. June's Read With Jenna book selection.
The rest of my TBR are the books I own that fall into the romance sort of genre. I have both young adult and adult as well as contemporary and historical fiction books on this list and I'm just going to go through it as they strike my fancy. Everything's been too dark and heavy lately so I'm going to read only light fluffy books in the month of June. So here's the list of possibilities for this month.
- Dangerous Alliance by Jennieke Cohen.
- Anna K by Jenny Lee.
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver.
- Beach Read by Emily Henry.
- Well Met by Jen DeLuca.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang.
- Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore.
- Frankly in Love by David Yoon.
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han.
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Real Men Knit by Kwana Jackson.
- The Life and (Medieval) Times of Kit Sweetly by Jamie Pacton
- Writers & Lovers by Lily King
- The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner
- Meg & Jo by Virginia Kantra
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert
- American Royals by Katharine McGee
So that's all the books I could possibly be reading in the month of June. We'll see how many I actually read but that's about it.
Happy Reading!
-Richelle and Emma
























No comments:
Post a Comment