Hello Interwebs!
So I had a spectacular reading year for 2020. I read 75 books for a total of about 25,569 pages.
The shortest book I read was The Bridal Strain: Emily and Colin's Wedding by Tasha Alexander (Lady Emily #3.5) at 27 pages long.
The longest book I read was Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (The Illuminae Files #1) at 608 pages long.
The most popular book I read was Little Women by Louisa May Alcott with 2, 683,173 people also reading it.
The least popular book I read was Avatar: The Last Airbender-The Promise Omnibus by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, and Bryan Konietzko with 1,136 people also reading it.
My average rating in 2020 was 4.2 stars out of 5.
I went through month by month to come up with stats for each month: favorite, least favorite, total pages read, average rating, and total number of books read.
- January
- Favorite: The Bookish Life of Nina Hillby Abbi Waxman (5/5 stars)
- Least Favorite: The Wives by Tarryn Fisher (1/5 stars)
- 1587 pages read over 5 books with an average rating of 3.8 stars
- February
- Favorite: The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware (4.5/5 stars)
- Least Favorite: Three Women by Lisa Taddeo (3/5 stars)
- 1906 pages read over 6 books with an average rating of 3.8 stars
- March
- Favorite: Scythe by Neal Shusterman (5/5 stars)
- Least Favorite: The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani (2/5 stars)
- 1844 pages read over 5 books with an average rating of 3.8/5 stars
- April
- Favorite: Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: The Hunger by Alma Katsu (3.5 stars)
- 1974 pages over 5 books with an average rating of 4.3/5 stars
- May
- Favorite: Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: Year One by Nora Roberts (2 stars)
- 2916 pages over 7 books read with an average rating of 4.3/5 stars
- June
- Favorite: Beach Read by Emily Henry (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: And Only to Deceive by Tasha Alexander (3.5 stars)
- 1696 pages over 5 books with an average rating of 3.9/5 stars.
- July
- Favorite: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown (3.5 stars)
- 2601 pages read over 9 books with an anverage rating of 4.4 stars
- August
- Favorite: The Comeback by Ella Berman (5 stars)
Summer of '69 by Elin Hilderbrand (5 stars) - Least Favorite: Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt (3.5 stars)
- 2757 pages read over 9 books with an average rating of 4.4 stars
- September
- Favorite: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: Here For It; Or, How to Save Your Soul in America by R. Eric Thomas (3 stars)
- 1678 pages read over 4 books with an average rating of 4.3/5 stars.
- October
- Favorite: The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: Docile by K.M. Szpara (1 star, DNF)
- 2485 pages read over 7 books with an average rating of 3.6 stars
- November:
- Favorite: Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations by Mira Jacob (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: The Strange Case of Dr. Couney: How a Mysterious European Showman Saved Thousands of American Babies by Dawn Raffel (3.5 stars)
- 2092 pages read over 6 books with an average rating of 4.3/5 stars
- December
- Favorite: Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender (5 stars)
- Least Favorite: The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (1.5 stars; DNF)
- 2661 pages read over 8 books with an average rating of 3.8/5 stars
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (1.5 stars out of 5): DNF'd, this book wasn't necessarily bad but it definitely wasn't good at all. It was a formulaic thriller with a main character who was unreliable at best just like The Girl on the Train and The Woman in the Window. I didn't dislike it but I also didn't care enough to finish it.
- Docile by K.M. Szpara (1 star out of 5): DNF'd as well, I made it as far as the rape scene about a hundred pages in and decided that life was too short for this b.s. Definitely at the bottom of the list (second to the bottom anyway).
- The Wives by Tarryn Fisher (1 star out of 5): I saved the bottom of the list for a book I actually finished and despised. In telling someone about it I begin my "review" with the phrase "that fucking book" and my opinion doesn't get any better from there. It has an unreliable narrator and relies heavily on "mental illness made them do it" as a trope and I am not here for any of that. So this is the worst book I read in 2020.
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman (5 out of 5): the second book in the Arc of a Scythe trilogy. I loved everything about this book and for a rather lengthy book I read this in a flash. I have put off reading The Toll because I can't imagine that the ending of this trilogy will do it justice.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens (5 out of 5): almost my favorite book of the year and a library book I plan on buying for myself at some point in the near future. I loved this book so much from the characters to the setting and I think everyone should read it.
- The Comeback by Ella Berman (5 out of 5): My absolute favorite book of 2020. This book was dark and even though the main character wasn't particularly likeable, she was very relatable and very compelling to read about. I love the Read with Jenna book club for introducing me to this one and I think everyone should read this one.





























No comments:
Post a Comment