Monday, January 25, 2021

Undercover Bromance Review

Hello Interwebs!

Apologies for my slow start to 2021. There's a lot going on in my life this month, especially the second half of January. A longer update will follow later. 

So far though I am on track for my 52 books in 2021 so I'm going to try to pound out some of my reviews. 

The first book that I finished in 2021 was Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams (2020). This is the second book in The Bromance Book Club series. I read the first book early in 2020 and while I liked it, I didn't love it. That being said, I did love this one and I am currently almost finished with the third book in the series which I am also loving hardcore. As always spoilers abound after the picture. 


So Undercover Bromance is, as I said, the second book in the Bromance Book Club series which is a series following powerful men in Nashville, TN who belong to a book club where all they read is romance novels in order to understand women and be the best romantic partner's they can be. This book follows one of the other members of the club, Braden Mack, who owns a chain of nightclubs in Nashville and Liv Papandreas who is a pastry chef in Nashville's hottest restaurant owned by a celebrity chef (Liv's sister was the female love interest in the first book in the series). Mack takes his date to the restaurant and orders the obscenely expensive cupcake dessert which Liv brings to the table personally. Through a series of unfortunate events Liv ends up dumping the cupcake in his date's lap and is expected to be fired. When she goes up to the chef's office she catches him the act of sexual harassment with a young hostess named Jessica. She quits and vows that he won't get away with it. Then she discovers she's been blacklisted in the restaurants of Nashville. Reluctantly she lets Mack help her with her secret operation to bring the chef down. He throws himself into it completely and in the end they get the chef (with the help of Jessica and Liv's friend Alexis) and Liv gets her man. 

Honestly I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book in the series but as of three books into the series, the main male protagonist in it, Gavin, is my least favorite of the male characters introduced into the books. I loved Mack and his bad boy act that covers up so much mushy stuff. I loved Liv and her attitude and her tenacity in bringing down this chef for being an asshole. 

As soon as I finished this book I was definitely ready for more Bromance so I put in a hold for book three from my library (which I am almost done with as I post this). I have recommended it to my mom who loves romance novels and I will definitely be posting in regards to her reactions to the books if she tells me what she thinks of them. Romance was definitely the best way to start off 2021 and I gave this book a rousing 4/5 stars. 

Anyway so there's my rather short review as to Undercover Bromance and I just want to say each book in this series is better than the last and I'm looking forward to other members of the club. 

Happy Reading!

Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment