Hello Interwebs!
As it is finally January 2021 I have my monthly preview for you. Books I want to read and the book club picks for January.
First up is my TBR. Most of the books on this list are books I currently have from the library that I need to read and return. It's a little bit of a mishmash of books but I think it'll get 2021 off on the right foot for me.
- Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams: the second book in the Bromance Book Club series. This focuses on Mack and Liv who were side characters in the first book as Liv is fired from her job as a pastry chef in a celebrity chef's restaurant after witnessing his sexual harassment of a staff member. She teams up with Mack and the rest of the Bromance book club to catch the chef out.
- If Walls Could Talk: An Intimate History of the Home by Lucy Worsley. This is a nonfiction book about the history of the home and how we use it focusing on four rooms: bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchen.
- The Long Walk by Richard Bachman (Stephen King): this is a horror/dystopian about a contest held every year where boys enter a "race" where the only winner is the last one standing at the end.
- Jane Austen at Home by Lucy Worsley: this is a biography of author Jane Austen as told through her own words and the spaces she occupied when she was alive.
- The Wife Upstairs by Rachel Hawkins: this is a Southern gothic thriller retelling of the story of Jane Eyre. This is being read for a casual book club started by GabbyReads on YouTube called The Book Troop.
- Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand: the fourth and final book in the Winter series focusing on the Quinn family in Nantucket.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama: the first part of Obama's memoirs of his white house years and my current audiobook.
So those are the books I want to read/listen to in January. There are also the books for the various books clubs I follow a bit.
- Outlawed by Anna North: This is the Reese's Book Club pick for January. It's a Western saga about a girl named Ada who hasn't become pregnant in the year after her marriage and so faces charges of witchcraft and runs off to join a Western gang. This book sounds interesting and I might read it.
- Better Luck Next Time by Julia Claiborne Johnson: This is the Barnes and Noble book club pick and its a historical fiction story taking place on a dude ranch for people to "live" at to claim residency in Reno, Nevada in order to get an easy divorce in the 1930s. This is also an interesting book that I'd like to try and read.
- Black Buck by Mateo Askaripour. This is the Read with Jenna selection about a man named Darren who is recruited to work on an elite sales team as the reimagined ruthless salesman "Buck" and ends up working to help young people of color infiltrate the elite world of sales.
So those are the books I may read in January. I'll post reviews of books as I finish them and hopefully I start off 2021 with a bang!
Happy Reading,
Richelle










No comments:
Post a Comment