Hello Interwebs!
The fifth book I read in 2021 was Crazy Stupid Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams which is the third book in the Bromance Book Club series. This is the last book in the series that is currently out and I gave it a 4.5/5 stars. I read it from January 13-25, 2021. As always possible spoilers after the picture.
This book follows Alexis Carlisle who is Liv's friend from Undercover Bromance and was a victim of the celebrity chef Liv and Mack expose in the previous book. She is the proprietor of Toe Beans, a cat café, which also doubles as a meeting place for other survivors of sexual harassment and violence. It also follows Noah Logan, who was introduced in Undercover Bromance as a former hacker and computer expert that Mack enlists to help take down the celebrity chef. In the interim period Alexis and Noah have become best friends. Then a girl shows up at the café who tells Alexis she's her sister and found her on a genealogy DNA service. Alexis meets her biological father, who needs a kidney but hasn't found a match yet. During the drama with her family and trying to decide whether she'll donate a kidney to her father she and Noah are involved in the preparations for Liv and Mack's wedding and falling in love with each other.
This was a friends to lovers romance which is my absolute favorite kind of romance, probably because it's the kind of romance I find most realistic and the kind of romance I had with my own partner. I loved the two characters and how Noah is a newcomer to the Bromance Book Club and an outsider to that group of friends. A lot of interactions he had with the Russian make me very very excited for the book in this series coming out this year, Isn't it Bromantic, which is about the Russian.
I gave this book a solid 4.5/5 stars and I swear I like every book more than the previous one. This series is perfect if you want a fun twist on the romance genre tropes and more self-aware male leads.
Happy Reading!
Richelle

No comments:
Post a Comment