Hello Interwebs!
So February is upon us and I have grand plans for my reading this month (maybe too grand but that's beside the point). I have a rather lengthy TBR between the library and my own personal books as well as several books I'm excited about being released this month (one in particular). So let's get right into it, shall we?
First up is my TBR. I have thirteen books on my TBR for February, which considering February is only 28 days long seems a tiny bit excessive.
- Midnight's Furies: The Deadly Legacy of India's Partition by Nisid Hajari: this is a nonfiction book about the partitioning of India and Pakistan in the mid-1900s, a topic I realized I knew nothing about and would like to know more after watching an episode of Doctor Who.
- The Mistress by Danielle Steel: this is a women's fiction/romance about a young woman who was rescued from the streets in Russia and is caught in a love triangle with her rescuer and an artist.
- The Duchess by Danielle Steel: a historical fiction/romance about a young woman who is disowned by her half-brothers after their father's death and has to create a new life for herself on her own.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab: a fantasy story of a young woman who makes a deal with presumably the devil to escape a marriage enabling her to live forever while being unable to be remembered by anyone until one day someone remembers her. I wasn't going to put this one on my TBR this month but my boyfriend got the audiobook from audible and has started reading it so I want to read it with him.
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah: a historical fiction novel about two friends over the course of 30 years starting in the 1970s; I don't know much about this one but it's going to be a Netflix show beginning on February 2nd so I'd like to read it.
- The Duke and I by Julia Quinn (Bridgertons #1): this is the first book in the Bridgerton series and the one that the Netflix series is based on so yes, please.
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen: a short novel about Lady Susan and her scheming to find marriages for both her and her daughter, the basis of the movie Love & Friendship. This is the first book (and one of the shorter ones) in my Jane Austen yearlong readathon.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas (ACOTAR #1): The first book in the ACOTAR series in a reread before the new book comes out this month.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas (ACOTAR #2)
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas (ACOTAR #3)
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J Maas (ACOTAR #3.5)
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas (ACOTAR #4): The newest book in the ACOTAR series which will focus on Nesta and Cassian and I'm so excited for this and it comes out on the 16th!
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama: I started this at the end of November on audio book and I'm still working my way through it while I work on puzzles or knit on occasion. Eventually I will finish this book.
There's a handful of books I'm excited about being released in the month of February (including the new ACOTAR book).
- Muse by Brittany Cavallaro (2.2.2021): a YA historical fiction/fantasy about a young woman caught in a war in an alternate history 1890s America
- Four Hundred Souls: A Community History of African America; 1619-2019 edited by Ibram X Kendi and Keisha N Blain (2.2.2021): a nonfiction history of African America from the beginnings of the country until now with each section written by a different African American author.
- A Pho Love Story by Loan Le (2.9.2021): A YA romance between two teenagers working at their parents' competing Pho restaurants
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah (2.9.2021): A historical fiction about a woman who has to decide whether to tough it out in Texas or move west to California during the great depression and the dust bowl. This is my February Book of the Month pick.
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas (2.16.2021): see above...so excited!
So that's it: everything I'm excited for in February both reading and releasing-wise. It's a totally and completely crazy number of things but we'll see how it goes.
Happy Reading!
Richelle


















No comments:
Post a Comment