Hello Interwebs!
So we are yet again on the cusp of another new month. As with last month I have a readathon that I will be participating in which will be a separate post with a separate TBR. But I have a handful of other books I want ot read as well in the month of August.
I am currently listening to A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman as an audio book on my way to and from work (approximately 20-30 minutes each way. This is a book about a cranky old man who hides so much sadness inside before a chatty couple with chatty daughters move in next door and befriend him. It's really good so far and I'm approximately 30% of the way done with the book.
The Duke and I by Julia Quinn (Bridgerton #1): this is a historical fiction romance which provides the storyline for the first season of the show Bridgerton on Netflix. I've had a paperback copy of the book for a while and just received special editions of the first three books from Once Upon a Book Club for my birthday so I'm going to finally read it. This book follows the oldest Bridgerton daughter, Daphne, and her romance with the Duke of Hastings.
Isn't It Bromantic by Lyssa Kay Adams (Bromance Book Club #4): this is a romance novel, the next in the bromance book club series which focuses on the Russian, a Nashville hockey player who is in an arranged marriage with an old friend and wants to make it a happy marriage with help from his friends.
Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell (Simon Snow #3): this is the conclusion of the Simon Snow trilogy which is a sort of Harry Potter type story with a gay romance between Simon, a mage, and Baz, a vampire and mage, and their crazy adventures.
Survive the Night by Riley Sager: this is a thriller about a girl Charlie who gets in a car with a man who might be a serial killer and must survive the night while figuring out what to do next.
So those are the non-readathon books I'm planning on trying to read in August. I don't know which books I'll get to and not but these are my intentions. Coming later today is the readathon TBR which will constitute the read of August's reading.
Happy Reading!
Richelle





No comments:
Post a Comment