Thursday, July 1, 2021

Summerween Book Tag

 Hello Interwebs!

Summerween is officially upon us. The readathon which begins tomorrow, July 2, and runs through July 8th. Since I love horror, thriller and all things Halloween I have decided that I will 100% be participating in this readathon especially since it runs almost to my birthday. In addition to the Summerween readathon I found the Summerween Book Tag which I will be sharing with you today. So without further ado, here is the SUMMERWEEN BOOK TAG!

  1. What spooky reads are you most excited about in your TBR list/pile right now? The Troop by Nick Cutter,

    Pet Sematary by Stephen King 

     
  2. What's your favorite revenge novel? Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 

  3. What's a horror or thriller/crime book you wish you could experience for the first time? Final Girls by Riley Sager 

  4. Sucks to suck! You were just given a handful of yoru least favorite candy. The one not even your siblings or your friends will trade for. What candy is it and what spooky book did you want ot love that disappointed you? This is a controversial answer but definitely Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, I like chocolate and I like peanut butter but never the two shall meet; Suffer the Children by Craig DiLouie which looked like a great zombie/vampire kid novel but ended up falling flat. 

  5. Time to put on your costume! If you could exist in one spooky novel, which one would it be?  Who would your best friend be? If I had to pick one, probably IT by Stephen King, I think the part with the kids would be great. I think any of the kids would make a good best friend but if I had to pick one probably Beverly. 

  6. What's your favorite haunted house book and/or television show? The Turn of the Screw by Henry James 

  7. The food question. You can ONLY pick one from each would you rather.
    1. Chocolate or Sour Candy? Sour Candy
    2. Coffee or tea? Tea
    3. Apple or pumpkin pie? Pumpkin Pie
  8. Show us your favorite book with a witch or a woman who gets screwed over by society and the patriarchy. Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt, both a witch and a woman who had gotten screwed over by the patriarchy 

  9. Which book on your shelves or audiobook library has the scariest book cover? Carrie by Stephen King 

  10. It's Summerween and it's hot outside! What book(s) do you recommend that give off summer vibes? Think lakes, cabins, beaches, etc. Whatever reminds you of summer! The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix. I haven't read this one yet but it's in my Kindle library and the cover with the peaches gives me major summer vibes. 

  11. You and your firends are exploring a well known haunted house. You get separated and suddenly you hear screaming coming from somewhere upstairs. You run into the next room and find two of your friends. Which 2 fictional characters are they? Who do you want in this situation with you? Velma from Scooby Doo 

    and Cecil Baldwin from Welcome to Night Vale 

  12. Trick or treat! Stephen King, H.P. Lovecraft, Mary Shelley, and Shirley Jackson are at your front door. Who do you give the best and biggest candy bar to? Stephen King, hands down. I love all these authors but he's my favorite by far. 
  13. What is your favorite spooky book to movie adaptation where both of them are good? The Ring by Koji Suzuki; both the book and the movie are great even though they can be very different from each other. 

    So that's the end of the book tag and a taste of my horror/thriller books. I'm so excited for Summerween to kick off tomorrow and I hope you'll join me in this tag and the readathon both!
Happy Summerween and Happy Reading!
Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment