Hello Interwebs!
It's been almost two weeks since my last post and that's because we're moving! We closed on our first house on the first of July so we've been moving in all our free time. I'll post about our new house with pictures and such in a couple weeks when we're all settled but for now here's a birthday haul because today is my birthday and with the exception of my in-laws I got almost exclusively books and bookish things.
So here's the whole shebang: birthday presents from my parents, birthday books bought with money from my grandparents, birthday presents from my partner and birthday presents I bought myself. We'll go through each one individually.
First up from my partner I got the Once Upon a Book Club special edition Bridgerton box which includes the first three books in the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn along with a bunch of bookish goodies that are tied to particular passages in the book. The first book is also signed by the author. I can't wait to get into these. I've read the first one but I'm ready to reread it to open the presents and then continue on and then watch Bridgerton (again).
So these are The Duke and I; The Viscount Who Loved Me; and An Offer From a Gentleman all by Julia Quinn in special edition hardcovers with the first one being signed by the author.
This is the rest of my birthday book gifts which all came from Barnes & Noble. My parents bought me three of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga volumes and I used the money from my grandparents for some of the other manga and the books, plus some of my own money. The thing in the back was the bag I purchased to carry my many, many books.
So I got volumes 3-7 of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga in the hardcover Fullmetal Edition which is as far as I could take my collection with what was in stock at the store. This is my favorite anime which my boyfriend introduced me to during quarantine and the pandemic. I binge watched the whole thing on Netflix just before Christmastime and I've been slowly amassing the Fullmetal editions of the manga ever since.
Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell which is the third book in the Simon Snow series. This is the Barnes & Noble exclusive edition with exclusive cover art on the dust jacket and exclusive art on the end papers. I also have the second book in the Barnes & Noble exclusive edition and I need to see if I can find a hardcover copy for the first book too.
A Touch of Malice by Scarlett St. Clair which is a Hades and Persephone retelling. This is actually the third book in the series which I didn't realize so the first two will be coming from Amazon soon.
The Beauty in Breaking by Michele Harper. This is a memoir by an African-American ER doctor about her time in the ER and is one that's been on my radar for a while and was part of the buy 1 get 1 50% off sale tables.
Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse which is a pre-Columbian based fantasy story that everyone's been all over this year and last year. It was also a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale book.
So those are the books I got for my birthday. I'm super excited to get into them and I had a pretty good day. We had Salsa Verde Enchiladas made from our HelloFresh box and I got my birthday drinks from both Starbucks and Dutch Bros Coffee to enjoy before (and during work).
Happy Reading!
Richelle


















No comments:
Post a Comment