Here is my July TBR, although as always this may be subject to change. It usually does at some point.
Currently I've got two books in progress: one eBook, one audio book both from the library and both YA Contemporary/Romance. I'm hoping to read them in the next week, especially since they're both due soon.
- By the Book by Amanda Sellet; this is an eBook and I'm currently halfway done with this book. It's about a girl named Mary who is obsessed with classic literature. After switching schools her sophomore year of high school she makes new friends and they begin working on what they call the Scoundrel Survival Guide, a guide to boys using classic literature archetypes. It's super cute and I really enjoy it so far.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. This is an audio book, that I basically picked because the audio version is read by Lin-Manuel Miranda. It's about two Hispanic boys who become friends when Dante offers to teach Aristotle to swim and they form a friendship that changes them both and teaches them important truths about themselves and their place in the universe. Also really entertaining and you can't go wrong with an audio book read by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
The next category of books I want to read in July is to continue the Lady Emily Mystery series by Tasha Alexander. I've actually already borrowed the eBook of the third book from my library and then I've bought the subsequent novella and fourth book in the series for my Kindle since neither is at the library either as an eBook or as a hard copy.
- A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander, book 3 of the Lady Emily series.
- The Bridal Strain: Emily and Colin's Wedding by Tasha Alexander; this is the short story that fits in between books 3 and 4.
- Tears of Pearl by Tasha Alexander, book 4 of the Lady Emily series.
Finally in honor of July containing America's Independence Day and with Disney+ releasing the musical Hamilton for streaming on July 3rd I want to be reading Hamilton-esque books. I currently own 6 books: one on Kindle, one on Audible, and four hard copy books. So in no particular order here we go.
- The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs; this is a fictional novel about the relationship between Alexander Hamilton and his wife Elizabeth "Eliza" Schuyler. I have this book on my Kindle.
- Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow; this is the in-depth biography that inspired Lin-Manuel Miranda to write the musical and I have this as both an Audible audio book and as a paperback book but I only have the audio book version with me currently so I might try to listen to this one.
- Eliza Hamilton: The Extraordinary Life and Times of the Wife of Alexander Hamilton by Tilar J Mazzeo. This is a nonfiction biography about Alexander Hamilton's wife Eliza Schuyler.
- My Dear Hamilton: A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray and Laura Kamoie. This is a fictionalized account of Eliza's life.
- Love & War by Melissa de la Cruz; book 2 of the Alex & Eliza trilogy. This is a young adult historical fiction book about Alexander Hamilton and Eliza Schuyler. The first book follows Alex & Eliza's courtship up to their wedding and the subsequent books continue their story.
- All for One by Melissa de la Cruz; book 3 of the Alex & Eliza trilogy.
Finally the book club picks for July, I don't know if I'll read them or not but here they are.
- Friends and Strangers J. Courtney Sullivan; this is July's Read with Jenna pick.
- I'm Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown; this is one of the two June/July picks for Reese's Book Club; this is a nonfiction memoir.
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley; this is the other June/July pick for Reese's Book Club; this is a thriller.
So that's all the books on my July TBR; I have no confidence that I'll read all of them but I'm planning to read at least a number of them.
Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma














No comments:
Post a Comment