Thursday, April 26, 2018

April 2018 Uppercase Unboxing

Hi Everyone,

Here's another unboxing post, this time for April's Uppercase box. Uppercase is a young adult subscription service like OwlCrate. It's a little cheaper than OwlCrate and includes 1-3 bookish goodies plus a signed newly released young adult book. Unlike OwlCrate, Uppercase has no theme so it's more of a surprise every month what you get in it. It comes in a cute little pouch inside a normal mailer envelope and I do love the little bags.
So the first thing inside my bag this month was something that felt like an extra book. At first I thought it was a chapter sampler or preview of some new release, maybe a short story or something like that but I was wrong. It turned out it's a little reading journal. It's about 50 pages with some cute little illustrations with enough space to put the title, author, date started, date finished, date published, rating, and a little bit about overall impressions. It's super cute and I'll definitely be using it at some point.


The second item (there were only two this month) were two little pins, the Uppercase letter calls them achievement buttons. They're little bookish enamel pins and they are seriously so, so, so cute. Everyone by now knows how much I love pins of all kinds so these are definitely right up my alley. Since they're hard to read in the picture, the little ribbon says "Bookstore VIP" and the little book says "Read past my bedtime". I love them so much.


Finally there's the book this month. It's a contemporary novel called Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett.





It's about a pair of teenagers that hate each other after the boy, Lennon, broke the girl "Zorie's" heart at the homecoming dance. When a group camping trip goes badly they end up stranded in the wilderness alone together. They have to learn how to survive together. It sounds like a Romeo and Juliet-esque love story set in the California back country. The card included with the book is pretty cute. It has a quote from the book with a print from the cover on it on one side with a set of the zodiac constellations printed on the back.

Honestly, I think the book sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to reading. I think it'll be a nice summer read. I love the outdoors and hiking/camping/backpacking so I think it'll be right up my alley as a contemporary read (which I don't read much of).

Anyway that's the April 2018 Uppercase box.
Happy Reading!
Richelle and Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment