This is another unboxing post for an OwlCrate box but unlike the usual unboxings this isn't the current box, it's a past box that I bought off their online shop. This was the April 2017 OwlCrate box, which had the Head Over Heels theme. I chose to purchase the box because there were a couple of the exclusive items that I really wanted along with the book.
First of all here's the photos of the box, outside and in.
The button for this box was just the logo of the little coffee shop/cafe in the bookstore but I got two of them. In my opinion you can never have too many buttons so the buttons are one of my favorite parts of OwlCrate.
The next thing is something that while I had to look up the characters is always a welcome which is a candle by Novelly Yours called Baz & Simon and it's pink and raspberry scented. There were different candles you could get in this box and all are based off of Rainbow Rowell characters and since Eleanor and Park is the only Rainbow Rowell book I've read I had to look it up. They're characters in the books Fangirl and Carry On. It's a very pretty pink and smells absolutely divine. You cannot go wrong with candles in bookish subscription boxes.
Next was one of the two bookish items I really wanted from this box which is why I decided to buy the book in the box instead of just the book. It's a book headband from Litographs. The text is all from the book Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I absolutely love Jane Austen. I own all her novels (multiple copies of most of them) in multiple formats. Although Pride and Prejudice isn't my favorite of her novels I do love it and Mr. Darcy. So I just had to have this headband.
Next is another item I get from bookish subscription boxes a lot but I always love them, which are key chains. This one is made by Bookworm Boutique and is from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Abertalli. I like the simplicity of the key chain and the quote so it might be one that gets put in the rotation to go on my keys.
Next was a pouch of tea, which I admit I'm a bit of a tea fiend. It's a chocolate cherry tea inspired by Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It smells interesting. I'm not generally much of a chocolate/sweets flavored tea but I'm going to give it a try before making a decision about the tea. Regardless of how it tastes, the pouch the tea came in is very pretty.
The second to last item before the book is a chapter sampler from the book Umberland by Wendy Spinale which is the second book in the Everland series. I haven't read the first book so this chapter sampler was kind of meh. But it's always nice to get these in the boxes as it gives you a little taste of new books and authors to try.
The very last item before the book was the other item I bought this box for. It's from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, which I reviewed back in March as a book I finished last month. I LOVE the ACOTAR series and I adore Rhysand. This is a print of a quote from the book that as soon as I get a frame that fits it I will definitely be placing it on my wall with the rest of my bookish art. Since there's a pretty bad glare on the picture it says "To the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered".
Finally the book from this box is also by Becky Albertalli who wrote Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and it's called The Upside of Unrequited. It's a book a lot of people have been talking about and I've been wanting to read it so it's nice to have a copy that comes with a signed bookplate and an emoji sticker like the one on the cover.
Anyway that's the past box I purchased. I really like the items in it, even those that come from books I haven't read.
Happy Reading,
Richelle and Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment