I see my readership is solidly at seven people, so thank you whoever you are reading my silly little book blog. So despite the fact that I am still waiting for March's Page Habit box, I will be posting my March wrap-up. When the box comes in I'll post the unboxing and I'll update the information in this post as well. And without further ado here's my March wrap-up.
**So I received the PageHabit box the day after I posted this box so I edited the post to include the book included in it. **
So I did acquire quite a few books this month: two (three) from boxes and five that I bought.
After posting this I received my March PageHabit box which even though it didn't come until April I'm counting it in March since it's the March box. The March PageHabit book was The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo. It's about a girl who starts writing poetry and joins a Slam Poetry club at her high school in order to express herself even though she feels like she has no voice in her real life. It sounds good and I'm looking forward to reading it.
Next, the books I finished in March:
I finished five books in the month of March, which was what I had set as my goal. Four of the five books were on my TBR list in April, the only one that deviated was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas which I picked up to read immediately upon finishing A Court of Thorns and Roses. So here's my books from March along with the ratings I gave them on goodreads (by the way, The Hazel Wood isn't featured in the finished stack because I've loaned it out and haven't received it back yet).
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert finished 3/4/18, rated 4/5 stars
- S: Es by Koji Suzuki, finished 3/8/18, rated 3/5 stars
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas, finished 3/8/18, rated 5/5 stars
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, finished 3/17/18, rated 4/5 stars
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, finished 3/31/18, rated 5/5 stars
To be honest I probably could've fit in another book but the second half of March was occupied with my brother's wedding on the 31st so I was lucky to finish the last one before the end of the month. None of the books I read were bad, but S: Es was very clearly my least favorite and I am very much enjoying the ACOTAR series.
Finally we have April's to be read (TBR) pile.
Which is pretty much the same as my March acquisitions pile only without A Court of Mist and Fury which I've already finished. Like in March, my goal is to finish 5 books during April, there's six in my pile at the moment. I may add other books in there, especially depending on what comes in my Page Habit box or catches my eye in the meantime. After receiving my PageHabit box I have decided to add the book it contained to my April TBR pile so also included in this list is The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo.
So to sum up: I acquired seven (eight) books, finished five, and have six (seven) on my TBR for April. I am currently sitting at eight books finished out of fifty for my goodreads reading challenge for 2018, which puts me still behind but less behind than I was before.
Happy Reading!
Emma and Richelle
No comments:
Post a Comment