Wednesday, April 4, 2018

March OwlCrate Unboxing

Hello Everyone!
Here I am with the first of three final blog posts to wrap up March. March was a crazy month for me, espeically the second half of it so these are a little bit late. I've had this OwlCrate unboxed for a couple weeks now and pictures ready for the official posting but I haven't had time lately. So without further ado here's the March OwlCrate box.

This month's theme was Across the Galaxy and was supposed to have things from Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Lunar Chronicles, and The Illuminae Files. Since I'm only familiar with two of those things the first thing I got out was the spoiler card which was right on top along with the matching pin.

Every OwlCrate comes with a pin that matches the spoiler card, in this case it has the little planet from the top of the card on it. I love these kinds of buttons and this one is a very nice addition to my collection.

Next up there was a little wrapped pouch containing a Funko mystery mini pop figurine from Guardians of the Galaxy. Looking at the back of the box you could get one of ten characters: Star Lord, Peter Quill, Yondu, Gamora, Nebula, Groot, Drax, Mantis, and some purple dude I don't recognize.  I got Gamora which I am super excited about because I loved her in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie (I haven't seen the second one yet cuz I am a terrible Marvel fan). I think she's super cute and she sits next to my coasters on my nightstand.

 Next was a little box with OwlCrate stamped all over it in purple. From experience with this box and other boxes I figured it was a mug and it was. A very pretty purple mug with a quote from the Lunar Chronicles: "Even in the future the story begins with once upon a time". I love it so much and it's a perfect size for tea in my room for bedtime reading. It's also an OwlCrate exclusive which is always awesome.
Next I found the candle that was the featured item on the MArch theme card in February's box. It's by Wick and Fable  which has awesome fandom and bookish candles. This one is from The Illuminae Files and you could get one of two candles representing the characters Kady Grant and Hannah Donnelly. I got the Hannah Donnelly one. The scent is sweet honeydew (a friend who got the other candle says it is blood orange scented so I'm really glad I got this one). The label on it is absolutely stunning with a swirly spacey motif and the candle itself is a kind of periwinkle blue with sparkles.

Next up was a plastic wrapped fabric something. In February's box we got a wall tapestry and this one is another OwlCrate exclusive but it's a purple galaxy print infinity scarf. It's not from any specific fandom, just a purple scarf with stars around it. And I love it. I love infinity scarves, purple, and star prints so this hit all the right buttons and it's super soft so I wear it all the time since it's still quite cold here (it was only 34 degrees farenheit when I dropped my nephew off at school this morning). 

After the scarf was down to just a couple paper items. First up was an absolutely beautiful watercolor bookmark designed by Lexy Olivia. It's Star Wars themed and one side says, "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." 
 
Then there's a small print that's an ad for Nerdy Post. I love Nerdy Post, I've gotten things from them before. I don't get every box but I'll buy past boxes or items from past boxes from their shop depending on what it is. I got one of their recent boxes which was Disney Villains themed and I got a t-shirt recently that came from their Stephen King box. So I'm always happy to see Nerdy Post prints in something. I didn't get a picture of that so the only thing left was the book. 

This month's book is beautiful and exactly what I thought it would be which is Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston. This is an exclusive edition just like all the OwlCrate books. There's some subtle color changes in the cover itself (gold versus white in the lettering) but mostly the change is in the dyed pages, purple in this case. Here's the cover with a glimpse of the purple pages.

 And the naked hardcover with a better shot of the pages:
And the naked spine:
It's so nice. The book's about a girl named Ana who travels through space with an android named D09. She's racing to save D09 when secrets from her past appear and she's torn between protecting the kingdom and saving D09. It's a space retelling of the story of Anastasia and it sounds really good and I'm very excited about getting into it. It's definitely on my list to read in April. Along with the book came a letter from the author and a character poster which is pretty cool. 
So the only thing left after that was the theme card for April: 
Which is Shadows and Secrets. It'll involve something from Harry Potter and Six of Crows, both of which I absolutely adore. It also says that it will contain a sample pack of coffee from Bones Coffee which is a company I buy from often and absolutely adore. Seriously, their Strawberry Shortcake flavored coffee is to die for. 

Anyway that was March's OwlCrate. I'm already looking forward to April. There's only two more posts left from March and one I've been holding off on because I haven't actually received the March box yet from Page Habit. 

Happy Reading,
Emma and Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment