Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas Song Book Tag

 Hello Interwebs!

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....

the Christmas Song Book Tag!

The Christmas Song Book Tag was created by Booktuber Hailey in Bookland and I thought it would be a fun thing to do during my 12 days of Christmas. So here's The Christmas Song Book Tag. 

  1. "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch" Name a villainous character you couldn't help but love.  Definitely the Darkling from the Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. He was so bad but I still loved him so, so much. 

  2. "All I Want for Christmas is You" Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree? This year I'm especially hoping for a signed set of Elin Hilderbrand's Winter Street series. 

  3. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves. Kyoshi from The Rise of Kyoshi by F.C. Yee. The earth avatar who proceeded Aang and Roku didn't even find out she was the avatar until she was 17 and then she had to fight the people who had been helping her to come into her own. 

  4. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list?  Able Yorke from The Comeback by Ella Berman would definitely be topping the naughty list for the abuse he heaped on Grace. 

    (b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list? Emoni from With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo; after everything she goes through being a single mother to her daughter and working so hard to go on her trip with her culinary class she deserves to top the nice list. 

  5. "Frosty the Snowman" Which book just melts your heart? Little Women by Louisa May Alcott; this book always tugs at my heartstrings and I love reading it around Christmastime. 

  6. "Feliz Navidad" Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own. The Midwife by Jennifer Worth; this is the first of her memoirs about her time as a midwife in London's East End. 

  7. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy? How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss or Red Ranger Came Calling by Berkeley Breathed. During our Christmas parties with my parents' best friends my two favorite "uncles" would each read these two books and they always make me feel like Christmas. 


     
  8. "Sleigh Ride" Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn't have to be a love interest!) Elle and Darien from Geekerella by Ashley Poston. The two of them remind me a little bit of myself and my boyfriend and our love for all things geeky and I think we'd have a good time. 

  9. "Baby it's Cold Outside" Which book that you didn't like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold? Docile by K.M. Szpara, I despised this book so much I didn't make it past 100 pages. 

  10. "Do you hear what I hear" Which book do you think everyone should read? Persuasion by Jane Austen. That is hands down my favorite book of all time. 
    So that's it, the Christmas Song Book Tag. I hope you all enjoyed it. Tomorrow will bring recommendations for Christmas things to enjoy the season. 
Happy Reading!
Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment