Sunday, December 13, 2020

Preview to the 12 Days of Christmas

 Hello Interwebs!

Recently I've been very inspired by all of the Vlogmas and Blogmas posts online but especially Bookmas which is done by Hailey in Bookland on YouTube. The link should go to the announcement video for her 2020 Bookmas celebration. Every year she does Bookmas, a series of book-related Christmas themed videos during the month of December. In it there are gift recommendations and various wrap-ups for the entire year. At the beginning it was only for part of December and now she does every day in December. I am obviously not doing every day in December but I am going to do an abbreviated version that I'm going to call the 12 Blogs of Christmas. So starting tomorrow and ending on Christmas Day I am going to post a Christmas themed blog post every day for 12 days. After Christmas I'll start up with the end of year wrap-ups to start 2021 fresh. 

The 12 Blogs of Christmas

  1. Gift Suggestions 12/14): Varying bookish and other suggestions for everyone on your Christmas list from your parents and SOs to your kids and friends. 
  2. Wish List (12/15): This will be the things I'm hoping for Christmas, mostly books and bookish items but also some other things. 
  3. Christmas Song Book Tag (12/16): This is a book tag based on varying Christmas songs. 
  4. Christmas Suggestions (12/17): this are my personal recommendations for Christmas/winter/holiday themed books, movies, tv shows, YouTube channels/videos,  and other things for a cozy, happy holiday season. 
  5. Christmas Favorites and Least Favorites (12/18): this is similar to my suggestions post but will be just my own personal favorite and least favorite Christmas things.
  6. Christmas Knitting (12/19): What I'm knitting this year for Christmas, other things I've knit for Christmas, and things I recommend knitting for Christmas.
  7. Christmas Baking (12/20): What's Christmas without baked goods? Nothing good is sure. I'll discuss my Christmas baking traditions adn the kinds of treats I like to bake and eat during the winter holiday season. 
  8. Yule (12/21): This will be my personal post about Yule and the Winter Solstice and my meals adn traditions associated with it. 
  9. My Favorite Things (12/22): A discussion of my favorite things based on the song from the Sound of Music. 
  10. Christmas Decorations (12/23): Pictures and discussions of my personal Christmas decorations around my house and how I decorate for the holidays. 
  11. Christmas Traditions (12/24): How my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plays out now and how we celebrated when I was growing up and how they've changed over the years.
  12. Merry Christmas! (12/25): A special Christmas blog post. 
So those are my 12 Blogs of Christmas starting tomorrow with some great gift suggestions for everyone on your list!

Happy Reading,
Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment