Hello Interwebs!
The next two days we're doing some holiday arts and crafts and making. Tomorrow I'll share some of my favorite things to make but today we're all about that DIY, especially ornament DIY.
My favorite thing to DIY is Christmas ornaments. First off I'm a knitter and I've knit more than my share of Christmas ornaments. Especially Christmas balls. My favorite ones are from the book 55 Christmas Balls to Knit by Arne and Carlos. Not only are there 55 drawn out patterns for the Christmas balls there's also a blank template so you can design your own.
Most craft stores sell clear christmas balls. You can do a variety of things with an empty christmas ball. You can pour a small amount of a couple colors of paint in them and swirl it around to create marbled ornaments. You can get pompoms and put those in it. You can get fake snow and put small objects in the snow. There's a million different ideas out there. One my favorites I've made was one I put fake snow in along with some snowman part buttons and wrote "Some things are worth melting for" on it as a melted snowman/frozen one.
Another great DIY are Christmas Jar Kits. These are those jars you fill with baking mixes and other fun stuff for the recipient to make. These are super easy, there's a million recipes for them if you want to do a full baked good one. But there's other ideas you can do. I've seen cute ones for things like S'mores where you put marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers in them. You could also do a movie night one with popcorn, treats and other such items. The sky is the limit when it comes to fun jar gifts.
I am also very, very partial to snowflakes. You can print off patterns to make specific snowflake patterns out of paper, they usually give you a guide for folding and spots to cut out. I had a whole book of these patterns as a kid. These are fun to make for adults and kids alike.
These are a few of my favorite quick and easy Christmas DIY crafts. You can really do a lot with just a few items to spruce up your tree or your house for both Christmas and winter. Tomorrow I'll share links to a few of my very favorite things to make for Christmas.
Since yesterday's topic was heavier I didn't do my what I'm reading and my advent calendar items for both today and yesterday.
I am still working my way through The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer. I'm still really enjoying it but to be honest enemies to lovers isn't always my favorite romance trope but I do like this book well enough.
Yesterday's advent calendar Funko pop was Lock! One of the Trick or Treaters who are one of my favorite characters in the film. I'm especially excited because this practically guarantees that we'll be getting the rest of the Trick or Treaters as well.
And sure enough, today's advent calendar Funko pop was Shock! Who is my absolute favorite of the characters in Nightmare Before Christmas. The Trick or Treaters are great and so funny in the movie.So that's it for Day 10 of Bookmas! I hope it gave you a couple ideas for some fun DIY crafts. Tomorrow I'll share my favorite things to make for Christmas with recipes and more!
Happy Bookmas!
Richelle
No comments:
Post a Comment