Hello Interwebs!
Once again I've decided to do the Christmas Song Book tag once again. This book was originally developed by the YouTube Booktuber Hailey in Bookland. I did this tag last year but I'm going to try and use books I read this year for the book tag rather than just repeat answers from last year. So without further ado this is the Christmas Song Book tag.
1. "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." Name a villainous character you couldn't help but love. Ciara and Oliver from 56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard. I can't tell you exactly which one is the ultimate villain in the story but the one who kills the other is definitely a villain but you still can't help but like them and appreciate their motives.
2. "All I Want for Christmas Is You." Which book do you most hope to see under your Christmas tree? Anything by Stephen Graham Jones (which I'm sure I've now mentioned about 37 times in these posts.
3. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" Name a character that overcomes major obstacles and learns to believe in themselves. Ada from Outlawed by Anna North. Ada is a girl who is accused of witchcraft because she's an apprentice midwife and a barren woman. By the end of the book she's come into her own and I loved it so much.
4. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (a) Which character do you think would be on the top of the naughty list? Kevin from Beartown by Fredrik Backman for sure.
(b) Which character do you think would be at the top of the nice list? Celia St. James from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. She deserved much more than she got out of her story.
5. "Frosty the Snowman" Which book just melts your heart? Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand (and the rest of the Winter series). All these characters are so warm and vibrant and the story just makes me happy.
6. "Feliz Navidad" Choose a book that takes place in a country other than your own. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, I read most of Backman's books during this year and they all take place in Sweden.
7. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" Which holiday themed book do you use to spread the Christmas joy? The first holiday book I read this year was Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah and it was a warm fuzzy Hallmark Christmas Movie of a book so I would recommend that to get into the holiday spirit.
8. "Sleigh Ride" Which fictional character would you choose to spend the holidays with (doesn't have to be a love interest) Jade from My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones. She seems like an awesome person to spend Christmas with and she'd be down for watching all the terrible Christmas themed slashers out there with me.
9. "Baby It's Cold Outside" Which book that you didn't like would you sacrifice to a fire to warm yourself up in the cold? The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher; or really any Tarryn Fisher book. I've read two of her books so far and they were both absolute garbage that I hated. And I don't recommend anyone else reads as well.
10. "Do You Hear What I hear" Which book do you think everyone should read? So I don't repeat answers, The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James. This book was unexpectedly amazing and I enjoyed it so, so much and think more people should read it.
Finally I got the clown with the tearaway face Funko pop from my advent calendar. He's not my favorite but I still do really like him.
So there's Day 6 of Bookmas in the wraps. See you tomorrow.Happy Bookmas!
Richelle












No comments:
Post a Comment