Monday, December 13, 2021

Bookmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag

 Hello Interwebs!

So today is the 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag. I chose to do this book tag today since it is the 12th day of December and therefore also 12 days until Christmas. Each question in this tag is related to one of the 12 days of Christmas in the song. There's quite a bit of overlap between books in this tag but that's okay. Without further ado here's the 12 Days of Christmas book tag. 

1. The Partridge Stood Alone in the Pear Tree. What is Your Favorite Stand Alone? The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. This book was beautiful and I loved the concept behind it. 


2. Love is in the Air! What is Your One True Pairing? Nesta and Cassian from A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas; this pairing is 100% all spice and I love that they're a love at first sight pairing but they also have to work up to their relationship.  


3. In the Spirit of Threes, What is the Best Trilogy You Have Read? The Folk of the Air by Holly Black (The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King, The Queen of Nothing). Holly Black is an autobuy author for me because of this trilogy and I absolutely love Cardan and Jude and their story (they're a runner up for my OTP)


4. Since Series Usually Consist of Four or More Books, What is Your Favorite Series? A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. I read very few series anymore but this one is an ongoing autobuy series for me and I love this world and this series. 


5.  One Ring to Rule Them All! Who is Your Favorite Villain/Antagonist? The Darkling from The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (Shadow and Bone; Siege and Storm; Ruin and Rising); I am especially enamored with the portrayal of the Darkling in the Netflix series as done by actor Ben Barnes.


6. Creation is a Beautiful Thing. What is Your Favorite World/World-Building? A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik: I absolutely adore the world of the Scholomance school and the magic system developed in this book.


7. Who Needs Seven Swans When All it Takes is One Good Animal Sidekick? Who's Your Favorite Animal Sidekick? The Wurse from My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman. The Wurse is a big dog and the protector of the kingdom and I loved him so much. He reminded me of the big Samoyed dog I had growing up, her name was Snowy. 


8. Milk is So 18th Century. Which Book or Series Takes Beverages/Food to a Whole New Level? The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer; nobody feeds you like a Jewish mother/grandmother. I'm currently reading this and every event in the book is so inextricibly linked to food and I am so here for it. 


9. Dancing is Just One Skill of a Lady? Who is Your Favorite Kickass Female Lead? Jade from My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones. I love Jade and her obsession with slashers and I am so happy that this book is going to be a series and so I'm going to get some more Jade. 


10. How About Your Favorite Leading Lad? Orion Lake from A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik. I don't read a lot of books that involve a leading man but I loved him from A Deadly Education. I loved his sincerity and down to earth personality despite being the big hero.


11. What is Your Favorite Book or Bookish Thing with Musical Influence? (It Can Be About Music, Reference Music a Lot, Etc.) Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. This is one of my all time favorite books and I love that this book reads like nonfiction about a real band (I always picture something like Fleetwood Mac for the fictional band) and I love the interview format. I'm so happy that this is going to be a show soon. 


12. Drum Roll Please...What is Your Favorite Read of the Year? My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones. I've talked about this book a ton so I won't do it again except to say that you should read it. 

So that's the 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag. I really enjoyed this one. It was short and sweet and a very creative one. Tomorrow we have a post all about Holiday Reads. 

Since I didn't post it again yesterday I got just a basic Jack Skellington out of my Advent Calendar. I love him and I especially like the little snowflake detail he's holding in his hand. 


And then today's Advent Calendar offering was Barrel, finally, so my Trick or Treaters are complete. I'm halfway through the Advent calendar and I have really enjoyed all of my figurines. Hopefully the next 12 are just as delightful. 


I am still working on The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer but I'm almost finished with it so hopefully I'll be starting either Twelve Slays of Christmas by Jacqueline Frost, which is a holiday themed cozy mystery and the Olivia Reads a Latte patreon buddy read for December, or Secret Santa by Andrew Shaffer, which is a Christmas themed horror novel that I picked up on a whim from Barnes and Noble yesterday. 

Happy Bookmas!

Richelle

No comments:

Post a Comment