Sunday, December 26, 2021

Bookmas Day 26: The End of the Year Book Tag

 Hello Interwebs!

So first off, my apologies for the radio silence these past ten days or so. I have been going through a lot so here's a mini life update. Tuesday the 14th I had a job interview at a different facility to be a medication aide (I'm a CNA at a Skilled Nursing Facility now). Not only did they offer me the job on the spot but they also offered me more money, a signing bonus and it's ten minutes from my house. So of course I took it which means my last official day of work is tomorrow night. In the middle of that was four days in the valley with our extended family. I got home from work at 6am on the 18th, slept until noon, drove to my parents' house (3.5 hours away), spent the night there, and did Christmas there. Then we drove half an hour to my partner's family's house, spent the night there and did Christmas with his parents and sister on Monday. Then we drove back home (3.5 hours) and I tried to get some sleep before I worked that night (Tuesday). I spent this week prepping for Christmas and trying to catch up on sleep. So I haven't been blogging...at all. Hopefully we can change that for the last week of December. 

So today we have The End of Year Book Tag! A festive tag for the end of 2021!

1. Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish? Far, far too many books actually: a. Where the Deer and the Antelope Play by Nick Offerman; b. The Chicken Sisters by KJ Dell'Antonia; High on the Hog by Jessica B Harris; The Fran Lebowitz Reader by Fran Lebowitz; A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas; The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab; and A Promised Land by Barack Obama. 








2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year? There's not really any real singular book I use to transition but beginning in September I switch over to all horror/thrillers all the time and then in December I switch to holiday books of all varieties. 

3. Is there a new release you're still waiting for? The only one I was really waiting for was Deserter by Junji Ito which came out on December 21st and I ordered from Amazon yesterday. 


4. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year? I'm reading a lot of light hearted holiday books right now so it's very doubtful. 

5. Have you already started making reading plans for 2022? Not tons of plans yet but there's definitely some plans happening. 

And since those are more about the transition to the end of the year I'm also going to do The New Year's Book Tag which is looking forward to 2022!

1. How many books are you planning to read in 2022? Like this year my goal is still going to stay at 52 books for the year, which is a book a week. This year I read 90+ but I think a book a week is a good, solid goal and if I read more...great. 

2. Name 5 books that you didn't get to this year but want to make a priority in 2022? Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber 


The Storyteller: Tales of Life and Music by Dave Grohl

Aristotle and Dante Dive into the Waters of the World by Benjamin Alire Saenz

The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach

 

3. What genre do you want to read more of? I definitely want to read more horror fiction of all varieties and not just the handful of authors I really like. I also want to read more nonfiction of all varieties and really dive into the manga sitting on my shelves. 

4. Name 3 non-book related goals for 2022. 1. Exercise more regularly, I have my stationary bike and it's right there I just need to actually get on it again. 2. Drink more water and less caffeine. 3. Eat healthier in general, make meals from scratch for work lunches and not just prepackaged chicken salads.

5. What's a book you've had forever that you still need to read? Strange the Dreamer and Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. She lives here in Oregon like I do and I follow her on Instagram and I really need to finally get to these. 


6. One word that you're hoping 2022 will be. Peaceful. 2021 was a year of big changes (which I'll discuss in my yearly wrap-up). 


So that's it for the 26th of December. I'll catch you all up on all my Nightmare Before Christmas funko pops and my books I've read this month so far and everything in one of the next few days. Hope your holidays were wonderful and that your new year plans are exactly what you want. 

Happy Bookmas!

Richelle



No comments:

Post a Comment