Hello Interwebs!
Day two in our festive book blogging extravaganza is our first book tag. The Festive Christmas Book Tag. This book tag was originally developed a couple years ago by GirlReading on YouTube and it seems to be a nice festive way to kick off our Merry Bookmas blogging.
1. A Fictional Family You Would Like to Spend Christmas Dinner With. I think for this one I'd go with the March family from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I feel like even though they might not always have a lot to share that they would be just so much fun to spend the holidays with.
2. A Bookish Item You Would Like to Receive as a Gift. This year if we're talking books I would love signed books from Stephen Graham Jones, who is my new favorite author and I am obsessed with his work after reading My Heart is a Chainsaw earlier this year. Boulder Book Store sells signed copies of all of his book and I've been dropping hints like mad.
If we're not talking books then I absolutely love my magnetic bookmarks from the Etsy shop BookedByBrenda. I already have the Freddy/Jason duo, the witches from Hocus Pocus, Jack Torrance from The Shining and Pennywise from IT. Her bookmarks are big and the art is completely adorable so I highly recommend it.
3. A Fictional Character You Think Would Make a Perfect Christmas Elf. Weird opinion here but I think that Penelope and Eloise from Bridgerton (books and Netflix series) would make great elves. They are both kind and like to sneak around to "help" people. I think they'd get really into their roles as Christmas Elves.
4. Match a Book to its Perfect Christmas Song. Winter Solstice by Elin Hilderbrand (Book 4 in the Winter series) definitely gives me Silent Night vibes. After the turmoil of the previous three books in the series as the series and a life draws to a close, I definitely equate this book and especially its ending with the peace that the song Silent Night conveys.
5. Bah Humbug: A Book or Fictional Character You've Been Disappointed In and Should Be Put On the Naughty List. The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher. This is book deserves to be on the Naughty List for life and after two books in a row from this author which make me want to throw the book against a wall I'm not so sure that this author doesn't deserve to be on the naughty list as well.
6. A Book or Fictional Character You Think Deserves More Love and Appreciation and Deserves to Be Put On the Nice List. Outlawed by Anna North. This is a book I heard a ton about when it first released earlier this year but didn't hear hardly anything about afterwards despite it being a Reese Witherspoon book club pick. This book is absolutely amazing and both the book and main character Ada (along with the rest of the gang of outlaws) deserve to be on the Nice List.
7. Red, Gold, and Green. A Book Cover That Has a Wonderfully Christmas Feel To It. I have shelves full of Christmas books that would fit this bill but I think my favorite Christmas book cover of all of the books on my shelf is Christmas by the Book by Anne Marie Ryan. The whole thing with the shop window and the Christmas tree and the dog just gives me the most wonderful Christmas vibes.
8. A Book or Series You Love So Much, You Want Everyone to Find Under Their Christmas Tree So They Can Read It and Love It Too. At the risk of repeating myself in this list I think My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones is absolutely amazing and everyone should read and love it.
If horror and slashers aren't your jam (and they aren't everyone's) then I would say The Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green which is a nonfiction series of essays where John Green rates various facets of human existence on a 5 star scale and it's both incredibly informative on a variety of topics and unendingly funny.
So that's The Festive Christmas Book Tag and all of my answers. Today I'm still working my way through Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah. I'm nearing the 50% mark on the book and I'm still really enjoying it, cheesy Hallmark Movie vibes and all.
And then for day 2 of my Nightmare Before Christmas Advent Calendar I got a teeny tiny Zero.
He's my favorite character from Nightmare Before Christmas and he's so little and cute and I love him.
So that's day two of Bookmas on the books (ha!). Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow!
Happy Bookmas!
Richelle












No comments:
Post a Comment