Hello Interwebs!
Today we have a fun little thing, the Bookish Naughty or Nice quiz. By answering each question we find out a little more about how we treat books and whether we're going to be getting presents or coal for Christmas this year.
- Received an ARC (Advance Readers Copy) and not reviewed it? Yes. I still have an ARC of one of the Lady Emily Mysteries by Tasha Alexander that I haven't read and the book came out last summer.
- Have a less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley? I don't use Netgalley for books.
- Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)? Yes, all the time.
- Folded down the page of a book? Yes, not as often as I did but still sometimes.
- Accidentally spilled on a book? Yes, in fact I've accidentally dropped a book into the bathtub.
- DNF (Did Not Finish) a book this year? Yes, life's too short to force yourself to read books that aren't interesting to you.
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it? Yes, I do this frequently with special editions, especially of classics.
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else? Yes, all the time.
- Skim Read a Book? Yes, especially books that have been assigned for school at one point or another.
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal? Yes, but not for a good long time now.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it? No, I usually only borrow books from the library and the library is good about getting their books back.
- Broke a book buying ban? Yes, book buying bans are made to be broken.
- Started a review, left it for ages and then forgot what the book was about? Yes, see also the mountain of reviews I've promised on this blog and never reviewed.
- Wrote in a book? Yes, again mostly books assigned for school.
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads? No, putting things on Goodreads is the one bookish thing that I am decently good at.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend? No, I hate borrowing books from people and I try and get them done ASAP when I do.
- Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book? All the time, these are my books, no touchy!
- Broke the spine of someone else's book? No, I break my own spines, not other people's.
- Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged? Yes, I always have good intentions but there just never seems to be a good place to put the dust jackets where they stay safe.
- Sat on a book? Yes, in fact I sat my kiddo on a dictionary to eat Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house.
So that's it, the Naughty or Nice list. I'm pretty sure my answers make me naughty and deserving of coal but as long as I only abuse my own books then no harm no foul, right?
So today's Funko pop from the calendar is another Zero! Only this one glows in the dark! Which is super cool, I love Zero.
So far I've been very pleased with my Funko advent calendar and I love everything I've gotten out of it.
I'm still working on The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer but I will finish it. Maybe on my way to the valley this weekend for Christmas with our extended families.
Anyway see you tomorrow for another Bookmas post!
Happy Bookmas!
Richelle
No comments:
Post a Comment