Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Day 15: Christmas Consumables

 Hello Interwebs!

Today's Bookmas post is all about all of the lovely things to eat and drink this time of year. The biggest flavor of the season is of course peppermint (a seasonal flavor only topped by the Pumpkin Spice of fall). I've got a variety of holiday treats that I recommend to make the season all the merrier. 

First up, treats from my three favorite coffee places. 

  • Starbucks
    • Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte: this is a new one this holiday season. I personally prefer to replace the almond milk with oat milk and it's sweet and tastes a lot like eating a sugar cookie along with your cup of coffee. 
    • Chestnut Praline Latte: a classic which is warm and nutty and delicious
    • Caramel Brulee Latte: this is caramelly and has a warm toasty taste
    • Cranberry Bliss Bar: this is a holiday traybake style treat with a biscuit base and cream cheese frosting and cranberry. It's absolutely delicious. 
  • Dutch Bros
    • Peppermint Bliss Cold Brew: a chocolate peppermint cold foam cold brew that is delicious
    • Glacier Peak Rebel: their energy drink mixed with blue raspberry and vanilla and very delicious. 
  • Black Rock Coffee Bar
    • Candy Cane Cold Brew: another chocolate peppermint cold brew drink. 
There's a variety of other drinks that are also super festive and fun:
  • Alpine Spiced Apple Cider: packets of apple cider mix that you just combine with hot water and enjoy. The tree farm we got our tree from as a kid always had this and it tastes like Christmas.

  • Sparkling Apple Cider: always a festive alternative to bubbly wines and available in a variety of flavors. 

  • Republic of Tea holiday teas:
    • Cranberry Blood Orange: sweet and tangy and citrusy

    • Cinnamon Vanilla: exactly what it sounds like

    • Peppermint Bark: a herbal tea blend with notes of peppermint and chocolate

    • Comfort and Joy: a tea blended with traditional Christmas spices

  • Bigelow Hot Cinnamon Tea: a black tea mixed with cinnamon and so delicious

  • Bones Coffee Company: they have a variety of seasonal and off the wall flavors which I adore. 
    • Jingle Bones: a coconut, vanilla and caramel blend

    • White Chocolate Peppermint Bark: white chocolate and peppermint 

    • Oh Fuuudge!: a Christmas Story themed fudge flavored coffee

Finally all my favorite sweet treats
  • Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes: these snack cakes come in a variety of flavors including white, chocolate and red velvet. I love the white cake ones and it's not Christmas without them.

     
  • Candy Canes: any way you celebrate Christmas, candy canes are a must and come in a huge variety of flavors. 

  • Old Fashioned Hard Candy: a variety of flavors and shapes but the ribbon ones and the tiny peppermint ones are my favorites

  • Pepperidge Farm Candy Cane Milano: Milano sandwich cookies with chocolate peppermint filling

  • Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses: white chocolate kisses with peppermint

And there you have it, all my favorite things to eat and drink this holiday season. Hopefully something in this list strikes your fancy but I'd love to know if anyone has any treats you like better. 

My Nightmare Before Christmas figurine from the advent calendar today was a different Sally, this time in a seated pose. She's super cute and I like how well she stays upright so easily because of the wide base. 


I'm almost done with The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer and I promise I will finish it soon so we can talk about something else shortly.

Anyway Happy Bookmas!
Richelle


No comments:

Post a Comment